PDA

View Full Version : Happy with my aluminum buckets

heus
03-27-2011, 09:47 AM
Put out 100 2 gal aluminum buckets this year along with 225+ galvanized Wheeling buckets. I am amazed at how much cleaner the aluminum buckets look. Some of my galv buckets have fuzzies growing in the them. The al buckets still look as clean as the day they were put out. Of course, their drawback is capacity but that was only an issue on 2-3 runs this year. If I decide to stay with buckets next year (might go to tubing) I think I will sell the Wheeling buckets and go with all aluminum or aluminum and sap sacks.

3rdgen.maple
03-27-2011, 12:26 PM
Put out 100 2 gal aluminum buckets this year along with 225+ galvanized Wheeling buckets. I am amazed at how much cleaner the aluminum buckets look. Some of my galv buckets have fuzzies growing in the them. The al buckets still look as clean as the day they were put out. Of course, their drawback is capacity but that was only an issue on 2-3 runs this year. If I decide to stay with buckets next year (might go to tubing) I think I will sell the Wheeling buckets and go with all aluminum or aluminum and sap sacks.

I prefer the aluminum buckets for all the reasons above and not to mention the old lead problem with the galvanized. I am phazing out the galvanized with the aluminum and of course more vac taps. It is truly amazing the difference in volume of sap with vac than on gravity. just under 200 vac taps have more than doubled sap volume of the 400 plus buckets.