PDA

View Full Version : Enough of the break/cold snap

Bruce L
03-27-2011, 08:22 AM
Okay,I have had plenty of time to rest,ready to get back into it heavy again,only 8 Fahrenheit here this morning!!!!!!!!

chipa
03-27-2011, 10:11 AM
How has production been?

driske
03-27-2011, 12:50 PM
+2F here this AM. No sap since last Tuesday and not likely to be any until the 29TH, this upcoming Tuesday.
Going skiing, playing around with our little band sawmill, and posting on Maple Trader to fill the time.

Yellzee
03-27-2011, 01:08 PM
not great here... last 3 days were almost perfect... real cold at night,, sunny.. but staying at about zero celcius.... just one or 2 more degrees and we'd be flooded.. instead getting almost nothing..

next few days look good... but tomorrow they have already adjusted the high to just around 1 above freezing..

Bruce L
03-27-2011, 02:14 PM
Chipa-siiting frozen at 40% of a full crop,by the sounds of things will be a big run this week,make for long hours but I would like to see another 40% this week before the buds pop.

3rdgen.maple
03-27-2011, 03:46 PM
Im on the wagon. I wish the weather would warm up for some good runs. Been to cold here past few days and do believe we broke an all time low for end of march last night. On the other side I am so sick of this long winter and cold temps Im ready for some t shirt weather and a flyrod. It will be a bitter sweet ending for sure this year.

70 Buick
03-27-2011, 03:58 PM
We have only made 3 litres !!!

I got 80 gallons of ICE last week LOL

we only go up on the weekends so all I got at -15 saturday morning was 6 gallon blocks of solid ice
weather does look good for this week though

Yellzee
03-27-2011, 07:09 PM
with all the time on my hands I finally got around to finishing off the batch from the weekend and added 11 litres so I'm up to around 49 now.... all my syrup seems way too thick to me and \i'm havin a heck of a time getting it all through the filter... questioning my hydrometer... starting to seriously consider buying a refractometer... overkill for me but it would be nice to have a perfect reading with zero effort.