PDA

View Full Version : Who is responsible?

Bruce L
03-27-2011, 08:20 AM
Continuing cold here so we went checking lines,good thing as we found one down that we have had trouble with in other years.Last time it was apart in about 3 pieces,had to put in several splices,this time it was laying on the ground,several chewed pieces laying around an inch or so long,had a really tough time stretching it to put it back together(which I thought because it was so cold),but then found a piece about 14" long out laying in the snow.Couldn't see any tracks since it is so cold,but I am wondering if it would be red squirrel(#1 culprit usually),black squirrel or chipmunk.My Father wondered if it could be wolves or coyotes running through the bush,as the line is about 2 feet off the ground,and 30 feet from tree to tree.I would post pictures here if I knew how.
Thanks,Bruce

802maple
03-27-2011, 09:15 AM
Sounds like coyotes to me, I have experience a quite a bit of their damage over the years, along with bear, moose, deer, and about all other wildlife.

KenWP
03-27-2011, 09:41 AM
Could also be a porcupine.That or somebody crawling hone from the bar late at night.

Flat Lander Sugaring
03-27-2011, 11:14 AM
Could also be a porcupine.That or somebody crawling hone from the bar late at night.

I hear that beer up there is MUCH better that what BIG BROTHER allows us to have down here so it probably some ones way home

802maple
03-27-2011, 11:19 AM
I forgot about the beer up there Ken, I think you hit it spot on. LOL

driske
03-27-2011, 12:37 PM
Often times nothing is stranger than the truth.:mrgreen: