PDA

View Full Version : Tubing Price increase

sweetwoodmaple
01-16-2006, 09:47 PM
Just got the new leader catalog, wow...$39 to $51 for a 500 ft roll of 5/16 30P.

Just went to maple guys and theirs was still $39, so I bought some.

Just and FYI and thanks to the maple guys. (though, maybe theirs is going up as well?)

Brian

Teuchtar
01-16-2006, 11:08 PM
Three cheers for Maple Guys.
I cleaned them out of $39 tubing at the Verona show. That'll teach them to only bring 10 rolls in that big trailer !

They have some good deals on fittings too.

themapleking
01-17-2006, 06:54 PM
Jugs are up about 30% too

sweetwoodmaple
01-17-2006, 09:03 PM
I think it's to help pay for that new building that's on the cover of the catalog.

Brian

ennismaple
03-16-2006, 11:20 AM
The price increases make some sense - they're all made from oil. You're probably paying that much more for gasoline than this time last year too. It still hurts and unfortunately we have to pass that cost on to our customers.

mountainvan
03-16-2006, 06:26 PM
talked to a friend of mine who's been a dealer for waterloo, now cdl/maplepro, for awhile and just became a dealer for lapeirre. he seems to think that lapeirre is lower than everyone else to get guys to buy their stuff, then when we're all hooked on it they'lle jack up the price like the other two companies did. It keeps getting harder every year for the little guy to make even a little profit, when the huge corporations are making record profits. Pissing me off!!!

WESTVIRGINIAMAPLER
03-16-2006, 09:15 PM
AMEN! :evil:

forester1
03-17-2006, 07:35 AM
I think the steel companies and the oil/plastic companies are making the big money here. I'm not sure there is all that much money in making maple syrup equipment, at least as long as there are 4 or more companies doing it.

sweetwoodmaple
03-17-2006, 08:20 AM
Be a little careful here on large corporations and profits, that's been a political football in the media.

Funny how you never hear when these companies make record losses or how much of this profit they are reinvesting. You need these large companies with the infrastruction to get such a large volume commodity (oil and gas) to the consumers.

Not defending poor ethical or business practices, we definately have lots of problems in that regard. I'm just adding some balance. Profit is what drives our economy and makes people want to invest.

Remember - The alternative to high prices yet meeting consumer demand (you aren't running out of tubing to buy) is lower prices and shortages.

WESTVIRGINIAMAPLER
03-17-2006, 12:19 PM
I am doing what probably most of the others will start doing. I need a few rolls so I am going to buy Lapierre thru Maple guys. When most of the people start buying Lapierre, one of two things will happen. They will go up in price due to too much demand or if their price stays the same, the others may come down. Likely will be the first senario as prices don't normally come back down. :?

ennismaple
03-17-2006, 12:27 PM
Most places offer about a 10% discount if you buy 10 rolls at a time. I know that's more than some of you have for total taps but if you pooled your money (I gather a number of you are close to each other) you could split it up and save a bit. I doubt tubing will get cheaper so if it sits in your storage room for a year or two it's no big deal.

Or you could offer to pay cash, which could mean a further discount...