PDA

View Full Version : Thank you NH Maplemaker

rookie
03-25-2011, 10:08 PM
thankyou new hampshire maple maker! I added a blower to my arch like you suggested last sunday when i met you on maple weekend. i went to home depot got a 14$ bath fan, hooked it to a pipe that I ran from the back of my arch and into the fire box, and it increased my boil at least 1.5 gph! I plugged it into a dimmer switch designed for a table lamp, so I could control it. Thanks again

rookie
03-26-2011, 08:37 PM
when boiling today I cranked up the air and was able to get my pan into a raging boil,I need to make my door airtight so i don't blow smoke out the front and fill up my sugar house .... plenty of changes to make for next year. I'm out of dry wood,and next weekend is my sons birthday party, so i guess i'm pulling my taps. I learned a lot this season and can't wait to improve on next year

Starting Small
03-26-2011, 08:47 PM
How long of a pipe do you need and how far in is it supposed to go? Is the idea to get more hot air moving past the pan to make them hotter?

NH Maplemaker
03-26-2011, 09:20 PM
rookie, glad that it helped! Surprising what a little oxygen will do to you fire!
I think you are making a mistake pulling your taps. Going to be a big week! JimL.