PDA

View Full Version : Biggest Syrup Sale Ever !

Brent
03-25-2011, 07:39 PM
No kidding. This is a bona fide order.
A business aquaintance of a mineral exploration company just sent me an order for syrup and maple cream for ....
drum roll....... $150 Trillion Dollars.

Really.

The envelope contained one each brand new shiny
legitimate legal tender for
- $100,000,000,000,000.
- $ 50,000,000,000,000.

These were issued by the Reserve Bank of Zimbabwe and the highest denomination of any bills printed by any country, anywhere in the world, at any time.

The problem is that I don't know if the local banks will exchange them for me, or it they are worth anything.
One foreign currency web site told me they were worth nearly $ 5000 Canadian.
Another web site calculated they were not worth enough to cover the cost of shipping a pound by UPS.

The guy that sent them is now working in Vancouver but grew up in northeastern New York where he made sugar with his neighbours. One of their projects is in Zimbabwe.

Pretty neat, whatever it's worth.

PS. I had bought a few shares in the company and during some discussions I told him I'd send him some as a gift. Makes it even more fun.:)

CBOYER
03-25-2011, 09:50 PM
pass those bill in a RO machine (Remove 0's):lol:

maple flats
03-26-2011, 06:24 AM
I suspect it either counterfeit or inflation is like Germany was after WW2, when it took a wheel barrow full of cash to buy a loaf of bread. Still a nice conversation piece.

Brent
03-26-2011, 10:19 AM
It's real.
Apparently it is much worse than the German bout of inflation. A loaf of bread costs over 1 million dollars.

Dill
03-26-2011, 03:10 PM
Ya they have been setting international records for the rate of inflation. Not exactly a good thing.
The RO comment was great. I guffawed.