PDA

View Full Version : Cleaning and sanitizing.

Tweegs
03-25-2011, 02:26 PM
I know all of the standard replies…bleach, peroxide, just water, hot water, air/water…

Just wondered if anyone has ever used anything like this:
http://www.google.com/products/catalog?hl=en&q=THETFORD+water+tank+sanitizer&safe=on&um=1&ie=UTF-8&cid=13993006501758575538#

We use it to clean out the holding tanks on the boat, i.e. fresh water systems, lines, etc.

EPA approved, bleach free, kills bacteria, relatively cheap, and from my experience on the boat…no odor, residue or off taste.

I wasn’t going to hesitate using it on our poly pick-up and holding tank, then got to thinking about the tubing. Don’t see why it wouldn’t work there as well, but thought I’d brush it past y’all.

90% of the tubing out in my lot is 30P, if that makes any diff.

Thoughts?
Opinions?
Pro’s?
Cons?

batsofbedlam
03-27-2011, 03:44 PM
From the number of responses, it looks like you are the only sugar maker that owns a boat.

Kev
03-27-2011, 04:01 PM
LOL
I have 4 boats... but none have water tanks.
one of my boats does go 57 mph with a 15 hp motor :D and its not R/C either. no seats, you kneel down in it
I almost asked if the stuff is fda approved for food service...
:)

Tweegs
03-27-2011, 06:08 PM
Heh, yea, we can do about 10 mph in a good wind (sailboat) or about the same with the little desiel wide open. :lol:

The stuff is pretty easy to use...
Since there weren't any red flags popping up, I think I'll give it a try and report back on how it goes.

Only have about 600 feet of mainline out there now. One kit should be enough to do the tubing and tanks.