PDA

View Full Version : Sap Line Runs

Dean lashway
08-16-2003, 08:09 PM
Can anyone tell me if there is a maximum distance run for main lines? Some time ago there was some general discussion on how to layout and I believe there may have been some discussion on length of runs. Does a length of run depend on the main line size? I'm sure there may be some difference of opinions, but I would like to hear what others have to say. Also, some one at one time posted a email address link or a book reference to data about main lines and layot options. Any chance that I could get the information?

Salmoneye In Vermont
08-17-2003, 06:24 AM
See the page linked below...It should be what you are looking for...Scroll down to the chart with the mainline size and slope info...

http://ohioline.osu.edu/b856/b856_33.html

HTH

mapleman3
09-06-2003, 03:08 PM
In contrast to distance, does anybody have the same situation as me? at my farthest point to keep the %of grade, I am about 7 ft high of the ground. it will make for some interesting lateral line runs and hookups. I have a very flat bush. what else can you do?
Jim

mapleman3
09-07-2003, 07:41 PM
Jeremy, Thanks :D I'll keep my eye out for one, thats what Rick uses and he seems happy with it, I also like the easy low cost releaser he has. I'm into everything with mucho $$ cuz I bought the evap this year, so I am trying to start getting things cheaper, I hope I can beg borrow or steal the rest of the stuff I need, so if anyone is getting rid of one ...I'm your man!!!
Jim