PDA

View Full Version : pipeline

markbushman
03-23-2011, 09:51 AM
anyone know of a good website for installation of a pipeline. Looking 2 plan for next year.

adk1
03-23-2011, 11:02 AM
if you find it let me know cause i have been looking. Basically using what is in the NAMP manual and advice on this board

markbushman
03-23-2011, 11:11 AM
leader site has all components. Looking for answers on how to tightn lines, wat tubing tools u need, drop lines, and how to support it all. B ideal if someone in area with line system could give me a fieldtrip.

michiganfarmer2
03-23-2011, 11:47 AM
there is a guy on mapletrader who installs tubing systems. I hear he taps 800 trees and gets 2 quarts per tap consistantly. I dont know if he does consults over the phone. His name here is jason grossman. Ive PMed him.

Meridian Maples
03-23-2011, 11:55 AM
If your ever in the Athens area I'd show you our tubing set up. We've got 2 woods set up. One woods is all new this year. I put in according to Leaders guidelines. We've got sap ladders, mech releasers, electic releaser, etc. etc. If you've got the right tools it goes pretty good. Before you put it in you should clear out all the dead trees and firewood.

Craig

DrTimPerkins
03-23-2011, 07:51 PM
Before you put it in you should clear out all the dead trees and firewood.

And if necessary....probably is....THIN the woods utilizing crop tree management. By opening up the tree canopy around your crop trees, they will grow better, produce more sap, and produce sweeter sap. It is ALWAYS the first thing to consider when you're planning on tubing or retubing your woods.

adk1
03-23-2011, 08:00 PM
And if necessary....probably is....THIN the woods utilizing crop tree management. By opening up the tree canopy around your crop trees, they will grow better, produce more sap, and produce sweeter sap. It is ALWAYS the first thing to consider when you're planning on tubing or retubing your woods.

yup, that is EXACTLY what I am going to be doing starting this weekend. I have flagged all of my maple trees. I am going to walk to each one and look up. IF there is a tree next to it touching the crown (non maple), it is coming down. If it is another maple touching, I will decide which one goes. I ahve alot of thinning to do. I might get it done by December! But, as I thing out going in an West to East direction, when the times comes I will simply start installing my wire and lines following the progression of thinning