PDA

View Full Version : Leader revolution pans

turnpike
03-22-2011, 10:23 AM
I'm interested in getting a set of Leader's revolution pans and would like to get some opinions about them from you guys. Are they worth it? They say it limits the amount of back mixing of syrup, anybody out there actually made smaller batches of lighter syrup with them? I have a 2x6 now and seem to always make larger and larger batches of syrup as the season goes on and thought that the revolution pans might help mitigate this problem.

batsofbedlam
03-22-2011, 10:57 AM
I have this pan setup, but I don't think that changing is going to stop you from making large batches. I have the Marcland auto drawoff and I just crack the valve so that it doesn't just dump a large load of finished syrup. Doing it my way draws off more slowly and maintains the gradient in your front pan.

brookledge
03-22-2011, 08:54 PM
I have them. I don't know if I'd say it will operate any different from regular parralel pans except for the simplicity of reversing flow plus you draw off in the same spot all the time which makes it much easier. It takes me about 5 seconds to reverse flow. I reverse flow every hour to 1.5 hours
Ideally with any pan the best way to do it is a slow constant flow. which is easiest to do with an oil fired evaporator since it is consistant
Keith