PDA

View Full Version : Maple Beer

grinch5010
03-21-2011, 09:08 PM
Just wondering, Has anyone tried syrup mixed with beer? Sitting next to the evap last night and decided to add a little syrup to the bottle of Blue Moon I was drinking, it tasted GREAT!!! Try it!

warners point
03-21-2011, 09:18 PM
I'm going to make a batch of maple syrup home brew after the season is over. Until then I'll just enjoy a few Grainbelts.

M&N maple
03-21-2011, 10:12 PM
I have put a little syrup in my beer all the time and it is great unless u put to much in then not so great to sweet

Monster Maples
03-21-2011, 10:16 PM
We will see how this works out. Made a maple porter this year. 6 lbs of maple syrup added, and substituted the water with some good old 2% sap. Not sure how it is going to work out. The syrup was made towards the beginning of the season. Not a great deal of maple flavor and afraid it will be too sweet. Time will tell.

Flat Lander Sugaring
03-22-2011, 05:17 AM
When brewing some porter a few years back in the second fermentation process I added a quart to half gallon of B / C grade. When the beer was finished 3 to 4 weeks after that it had a very light maple flavor it was awesome.

Brian Ledoux
03-22-2011, 10:11 AM
I tried making a maple wheat. ended up being too strong, for me at least. The owner of a local home brew supply store said it was the best maple home brew he ever tried. I tried using some grade B just to prime my beer anad it came out great. Pretty much same effect as adding a teaspoon of maple to your beer while it is in the glass.

nace
03-22-2011, 11:58 AM
before i dumped 30gal of fermented sap, i thought about adding some cracked corn and reworking an old family recipe but i didn't need another project:lol:...nace

wdchuck
03-22-2011, 01:53 PM
I make a lot of my own beer- good stuff too! The only time I used syrup to make beer, I probably used too much and it came out more like a maple wine- heavily alcoholic (a good thing??) and a malty, cloying sweetness. All in all, a bad wine and an even worse beer!...However, I regularly use maple for priming sugar- 3/4 cup for 5 gallons and it gives it a nice creamy head that stands up and pays attention.