PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else excited about the forecast?

abbott
03-21-2011, 07:35 PM
It looks like we'll have a freeze every night for the next week and most days will be warm enough for sap to run. Maybe not quite as busy a week as last, but still plenty of sap. And the cooler temps should stretch the season out a little. Perfect.

Revi
03-21-2011, 07:41 PM
It looks like a pretty good forecast this week. I think we'll have sap coming in all week, unless it does something different from the forecast.

Rossell's Sugar Camp
03-21-2011, 08:08 PM
i pulled the taps here in pa this weekend. The trees are budding. And whats our forecast look like? 25 low every night and 40 high evdery day in the 7 day

MainelyMaple
03-22-2011, 06:41 PM
Its shaping up to be what could be one of the best weeks of the season. Although last week will be hard to beat

sapsick
03-22-2011, 06:52 PM
exiceted???STRESSED!!!!! is more like it. looks like im gonna have sap goin beggin if the weather holds like they say.

chefchap
03-23-2011, 07:34 PM
my god this week looks good all picture perfect temps up till tues according to noaa gonna have my hands full hope the firewood holds out. already have put away 8 gallons of syrup. boiled all day today gonna start back up in morning to try in catch up

TapME
03-23-2011, 07:47 PM
my god this week looks good all picture perfect temps up till tues according to noaa gonna have my hands full hope the firewood holds out. already have put away 8 gallons of syrup. boiled all day today gonna start back up in morning to try in catch up

Have those tap lines started to run:) Just wanted to know.

chefchap
03-24-2011, 06:15 AM
holy hell ya haha:o
sounds like a faucet has been turned on inside my barrel guess i just had to be paient, gravity is def low labor once its goin i like that aspect of it:lol:

abbott
03-25-2011, 07:35 PM
I figured with high temps around 35 everyday the runs wouldn't be so big. Not so! I've already got more sap this week than last and we'll see what tomorrow brings. If i start at 7 AM tomorrow i could finish off whats in the tank by midnight. Maybe. I've had about a gallon of sap per tap for four straight days! It's so bad i'm even thinking about leaving the vacuum pump off. :o

TapME
03-26-2011, 05:53 AM
gravity is def low labor once its goin i like that aspect of it:lol:

If you miss the carryin' buckets just come with me for a day:lol: we have 80 5 gallon ones in the town to collect.

maple flats
03-26-2011, 06:01 AM
Central NY forcast also looks great. No threat of buds opening on the sugars and my 10 day looks like an excellent pattern, starting tuesday. Trees have been in lock down mode several days, a few trickles but no runs. Maybe it will raise the sugar %, been real low so far after the first 2 days.

chefchap
03-26-2011, 12:17 PM
haha
i kept 20 taps on 5 gallons this year for my in around town trees so im still gettin my workout couldnt imagine doing 80 though wheeeaaa!
still want to come to your farm tapme just havent had any free time lol boiling every day to stay caught up
saw one of sweet willams truck go by with a big tank in the back i want one haha had to be about 500+ gallon holding cap