PDA

View Full Version : Pumpkin Village Maple

Al
03-21-2011, 06:16 PM
Hi, we're still here and making syrup. It's been a hard season so far. The tractors been stuck 7 times. Had to get pulled out twice. The gathering rig blew a tire, the sap tank valve let go, and to many other things to mention. Of course a couple of brown bottled sodas helped it all heal over.
We're still on snowshoes in the woods. The good news is we're still making syrup and my oldest boy has taken over the firing duties when he's not eating. He's fourteen and all stomach.
My wife bought me the Omega digatal thermometer for sugaring. It's good to back up the dial thermometer. We're at about 175 buckets this year and my job is now part time so I've had two three day weekends off in a row. Talk about convenient.
Not to much else going on. Stop by and see us.

Al
04-05-2011, 05:51 PM
We're at about 18 gallons of syrup. The oldest has been a great help this year. He started firing and has shown a great interest in every aspect of the sugarhouse. Looking for another run or two. We still have a good amount of snow in the woodlot. The silver maples have budded though. Good thing I don't tap those.
Good Luck.