PDA

View Full Version : free to good home...

morningstarfarm
03-21-2011, 02:21 PM
well, after pulling the plug last week, I collected 200 gals which went to turtle hill...I was going to pull taps Sunday, but the family...make that the warden...messed up my plans..so I was going to pull them today...problem is..they are all over flowing with 3% sap...I absolutely need to pull them tomorrow after work....OK here is the free part...anyone want to come get 200 gals (roughly) of 3% sap tonight? if noone wants it I'm just going to...gasp...dump it on the ground tomorrow...is is crystal clear...please call me on my cell....603-479-0804...I'll even help you collect it as all the buckets are roadside maples...

NH/Pete
03-21-2011, 02:33 PM
well, after pulling the plug last week, I collected 200 gals which went to turtle hill...I was going to pull taps Sunday, but the family...make that the warden...messed up my plans..so I was going to pull them today...problem is..they are all over flowing with 3% sap...I absolutely need to pull them tomorrow after work....OK here is the free part...anyone want to come get 200 gals (roughly) of 3% sap tonight? if noone wants it I'm just going to...gasp...dump it on the ground tomorrow...is is crystal clear...please call me on my cell....603-479-0804...I'll even help you collect it as all the buckets are roadside maples...

200 gallons at my evaporation rate of 1.5 gallons per hour. My wife would kill me. To make it more painful I'm right down the road in Newton NH. :(

happy thoughts
03-21-2011, 04:07 PM
If you can't find a home for it you could always try making maple vinegar from some of it. I saw this thread about that yesterday http://mapletrader.com/community/showthread.php?t=1977

Also, if I remember correctly someone else (I think Z/man) was trying some home brew using sap instead of water. 200 gals of sap is a terrible thing to waste. Hope you find a taker. You could always throw some in your birdbath. I've seen plenty of birds drinking sap trickling from tree cracks so they might enjoy it. But guess that still leaves you with 199 Gals:o

rookie
03-21-2011, 06:31 PM
theres a guy with a sugar shack in cornish that buys sap, maybe theres somone with a shack near by that would buy it off you

Kev
03-21-2011, 06:41 PM
didnt the native americans let it eveaporate in the sun? you could try it just so you know what the comparison is like. although my imagination is giving very good visuals of what IT thinks will happen...
good luck ! I hope someone needs it.

Birdland Sugarbush
03-21-2011, 08:07 PM
You can definitely make beer with the sap, but most recipes make 5 gallons at a time.. :(

I have some boiling on the stove right now!