PDA

View Full Version : NYS Montgomery County 2011

highlandcattle
03-20-2011, 06:04 PM
Our first year on tubing and vac. real disappointing so far,weather just won't cooperate. sap frozen in lines. Collected only about 800 gallons on 225 taps so far. Breaking news.. Ron is letting the pump go until it runs out of gas tonight because the lines finally unthawed. It's 6:30 and about 35 degrees. think there may be about 236 gallons as of now, so hopefully by morning alot more. We got some grade A and the rest has been B, real close call hard to really see much difference, beautiful color, great taste. Surpassed last year, but way below what we had expected. Next season more taps!!!!!Bottled yesterday from 10:30-6:30. dead tired. Ron will be up and out real early to start the evaporator.

Maple Hunter
03-24-2011, 09:54 PM
It was running pretty good here in Glen today. It has been a rough year with the weather though. I've collected about 200 gallons from 24 buckets so far and can't complain, that's a whole lot more than I got from the 5 buckets I had going last year.

highlandcattle
03-26-2011, 06:28 PM
It's 15 degrees with wind chill factor, and our windmills are really getting a workout! Bottled all morning, sap is frozen in the tubing. 27 gallons so far, and it tastes great! Checking a few more posts and then watching tv. As long as my animals are all set, I'm ready to call it quits for the night. Try again on Sunday to see if it will run. Looks like the season will go into next month at this rate! We still have snow in the woods. Happy sapping.

adk1
03-26-2011, 06:50 PM
sap was trickling in Fulton County, not a gush by any means, but was running