PDA

View Full Version : garden

Kev
03-20-2011, 05:34 PM
worked part of the garden today. even planted some lettice, radishes and peas. I was even barefoot part of the day. Carharts last week and barefoot today go figure. 70's tomorrow

jmp
03-20-2011, 06:19 PM
Hey Kev. Was eyeing my garden all day today as well but didn't have time to get out and work on it. Will be ordering our seeds etc. tomorrow. Was warm here in central MA. Good luck!

40to1
03-20-2011, 10:26 PM
There will be no time rest on my laurels after this season. I need to start the tomatoes and tobacco plants this week! The spinach seeds go into the ground as soon as they get delivered.

Kev
03-20-2011, 10:47 PM
lol
I didn't water anything. where I had planted I had just spread about 2 inches of good compost over part of the garden and planted right in it. then turned part of the rest. I didn't bother watering due to the compost being moist.
now we have had a nice shower :D I bet what i just turned with a shovel will be perfect when it dries a bit. I had almost got the tiller out. but thought heck with the time i saved planting in compost I would just turn some by hand. it would have been too damp for good tilling anyway. with this rain it would have turned hard as a rock if I had made it real fine. God its nice to get lucky sometimes.
JMP and 40 keep us up to date on your endeavors also

wnybassman
03-21-2011, 05:37 AM
I spent a bit of time in the garden over the weekend too.....................I had to bury a winter's worth of fish guts from icefishing now that the soil was dig-able. :D

Clarkfield Farms
03-21-2011, 07:33 AM
I saw my garden soil for almost a week. Now today the snow is coming down pretty good again and everything's back to normal -- WHITE. And the highway plows just went by for the second time this morning... Spring? My Jeep has four of them. Otherwise no, not yet, not even close. We usually get snow well into May.

i hate you guys.... :(:cry::(:lol:

Kev
03-21-2011, 08:28 AM
hey were done sugaring here Yeast, so its time to move on to less thrilling endeavors. rofl

Kev
03-21-2011, 08:30 AM
I spent a bit of time in the garden over the weekend too.....................I had to bury a winter's worth of fish guts from icefishing now that the soil was dig-able. :D
good fertilizer !

Typical8
03-21-2011, 11:26 AM
Kev. If you are done down there justs come up here we are just starting up. You can have 2 season this year. Besides sugaring is way better than gardening:D Also we need the extra help!