PDA

View Full Version : I must be hooked

Brian Kloepfer
03-19-2011, 05:54 PM
I am pulling the plug for this year. I have all red maples taped and they are starting to but and the sap is cloudy. I have found a nice batch of sugar maples to tap in my woods. With having found this I am geeked for next year all ready. Is there something wrong with me? :evil:

fishman
03-19-2011, 06:03 PM
Hey Brian, I'd like to thank you for the advice on building my arch. Did my first boil yesterday and it worked great. Can't believe what it did with my wife's hair dryer as a blower. Only used it a few minutes but it showed me I need to add air next year (and split more wood). I'll post some pics when the season is done. We're just getting going here in the UP.

Tweegs
03-19-2011, 08:20 PM
It should be called maple crack instead of syrup. Whether you are a maker or an eater (or both), seems there’s little that’s more addicting.

That whiff of wood smoke combined with maple scented steam washes away the aches and pains of the seasons work, at least for the moment.

Bitter sweet that it has to end, but there always comes a time when no amount of aroma therapy can keep you going, and end it must. The days get warmer, and so too the nights. Still, exhausted as you may be, you can’t help but yearn for one more run.

One day you’ll be staring into empty buckets and realize the frogs are croaking, the trees are budding, and that last sap haul is behind you. It’s here that you’ll utter the words “Thank God.”

As you set about the end of season clean up, you’ll review what went wrong and right. Plans will be made for next year and schemes will be hatched for how to pull it off without the wife finding out.

Years will pass, you’ll expand, more sap, more syrup, more tubing, more buckets, a bigger shack…and one day, in the not too distant future, you’ll be sitting there amongst the steam, pondering when, exactly, it was when you lost your mind.:lol:

happy thoughts
03-19-2011, 08:42 PM
Great post, Tweegs:) You got so much right there, After reading it, as just a small home use producer, I realized I probably need an intervention. I thanked God for no sap today while planning how to do it better next year.

When I start pushing free samples on strangers, someone better arrest me:o

michiganfarmer2
03-21-2011, 04:51 AM
It should be called maple crack instead of syrup. Whether you are a maker or an eater (or both), seems there’s little that’s more addicting.

That whiff of wood smoke combined with maple scented steam washes away the aches and pains of the seasons work, at least for the moment.

Bitter sweet that it has to end, but there always comes a time when no amount of aroma therapy can keep you going, and end it must. The days get warmer, and so too the nights. Still, exhausted as you may be, you can’t help but yearn for one more run.

One day you’ll be staring into empty buckets and realize the frogs are croaking, the trees are budding, and that last sap haul is behind you. It’s here that you’ll utter the words “Thank God.”

As you set about the end of season clean up, you’ll review what went wrong and right. Plans will be made for next year and schemes will be hatched for how to pull it off without the wife finding out.

Years will pass, you’ll expand, more sap, more syrup, more tubing, more buckets, a bigger shack…and one day, in the not too distant future, you’ll be sitting there amongst the steam, pondering when, exactly, it was when you lost your mind.:lol:

No ****, LOL. We are all freaks lol