PDA

View Full Version : maple on icecream

Kev
03-18-2011, 09:33 PM
ok its not actually making anything, but I love maple syrup on icecream
one of my top 40 syrup delivery devices :D

3rdgen.maple
03-19-2011, 02:11 AM
Yes it is pretty good. Been doing it since grandma poured it on my icecream 30 some oddd years ago. Our NY jugs say right on it great on ice cream.

Russell Lampron
03-19-2011, 05:45 AM
I'm giving away samples of my syrup on vanilla ice cream this weekend at my open house. It's a big hit.

happy thoughts
03-19-2011, 11:02 AM
My favorite is over butter pecan ice cream but is there anything maple syrup isn't good on? Don't some New Englanders eat it on dill pickles? I threw some into a can of Campbell's pork and beans last night and it turned really bland into incredibly delicious.

CBOYER
03-19-2011, 07:38 PM
Dont forget to add chopped walnuts on maple ice cream:)

ComputerSteve
03-19-2011, 08:11 PM
I've never tried maple syrup on ice cream. Sounds like a yummy treat to enjoy while boiling sap and watching the "super moon" tonight. Now if I could only find those walnuts...

Kev
03-19-2011, 08:30 PM
I've never tried maple syrup on ice cream. Sounds like a yummy treat to enjoy while boiling sap and watching the "super moon" tonight. Now if I could only find those walnuts...
medium syrup on vanilla icecream and it tastes like a bowl of carmel...only better :D
but i put it on cherrios, puffed wheat, ect
I have been more than half tempted to try it in milk, like choc syrup...

3rdgen.maple
03-19-2011, 10:19 PM
Geez Kev you never had syrup in milk before? Were you raised in the city or something? LOL

Russell Lampron
03-20-2011, 06:09 AM
Maple syrup in milk with a splash of vanilla whipped up in the blender makes a terrific milk shake. Maple syrup on Maple Walnut ice cream is my favorite. Of course Maple syrup and walnuts on golden vanilla ice cream is a good substitute.

Kev
03-20-2011, 07:42 AM
Geez Kev you never had syrup in milk before? Were you raised in the city or something? LOL

LOL no not a city thank God. but almost as bad....the land of Corn and Soybeans :D we had to go on vacation to see a forrest

happy thoughts
03-20-2011, 07:55 AM
hi kev- what are your 39 other favorite syrup delivery devices?

And to the rest of you, are there any real syrup junkies out there that drink it straight out of the bottle?

Russell Lampron
03-20-2011, 08:09 AM
I drink it right out of the bottle and chase it with boiling sodas.

Kev
03-20-2011, 08:10 AM
hi kev- what are your 39 other favorite syrup delivery devices?

And to the rest of you, are there any real syrup junkies out there that drink it straight out of the bottle?
anything I am hungry for :lol:
our local plumber asked if I had any bottled yet. I said yep. he asked if a 20 dollar donation to the fuel bill would get him one... I said yep and thank you!
he twisted the top off and started drinking it straight from the jug. "man thats good stuff" was all he said :D

fishman
03-20-2011, 08:19 AM
of course I drink it right from the jug, just not when "She who shall not be offended" is watching.

3rdgen.maple
03-20-2011, 09:37 AM
I sell to a guy who buys nothing but pints and takes it to work and drinks it out of the bottle throughout the day. He says it is his 5 hour energy drink lol.

wnybassman
03-20-2011, 09:40 AM
anything I am hungry for :lol:
our local plumber asked if I had any bottled yet. I said yep. he asked if a 20 dollar donation to the fuel bill would get him one... I said yep and thank you!
he twisted the top off and started drinking it straight from the jug. "man thats good stuff" was all he said :D

Plumbers are usually a little "high strung" anyway. Maybe that's why! :lol::lol: