PDA

View Full Version : Syrup Pan Question

Sweetrun
03-18-2011, 03:52 PM
A have a new syrup pan on a 2x6 Leader rig. It sounds like the bottom of the pan is buckling up and down as it gets close to draw off time. Things are working fine otherwise, but it can get pretty loud. Seems to do it even after I reverse the pan. Should I be worried?

3rdgen.maple
03-19-2011, 02:26 AM
Is this a new pan. This is what happens after a pan has been scorched in a small spot and it bounces up and down from the heat and makes that popping sound. Alot of guys have pans that do this. Mine did it last year after I scortched a quarter size spot in it but oddly it hant made that sound at all this year. It sure was annoying but doesnt affect anything other than your nerves.

Sweetrun
03-19-2011, 07:25 AM
3rd.

Yes, it's a new pan. It has not been scorched. Second boil it just started to "oil can". Thanks for the input.

WESTVIRGINIAMAPLER
03-19-2011, 07:57 AM
Not sure what causes it. Mine did it last week and it sounded like a .22 going off all over the pan one boil. Never seen it do it before. Did it once since then just a little bit.

3rdgen.maple
03-19-2011, 08:50 AM
Well if its new it must have a slight high or low spot in it. What you are hearing is that spot pop up and down.