PDA

View Full Version : proud grampa

cheesegenie
03-18-2011, 09:07 AM
My grandson, 15 months old, picking a piece of wood off the floor and putting in the wheelbarrow.

GramaCindy
03-18-2011, 07:02 PM
So Sweet to see you sharing the tradition of syrup making with a whole new generation. I am hoping to do my first boil with my two granddaughters next week.:)

cheesegenie
03-19-2011, 06:20 AM
Gram, aren't grandkids just grand? He is our first and only, and he makes us so happy. I'm sure you know how that feels. How old are yours? I notice you use some 5/16 taps, I bought 4 a couple years ago, but they always leak, down the tree? Might be the wrong bit.
Your evaproator looks great! My son is a welder, that is handy. Thanks for the nice reply.

GramaCindy
03-19-2011, 07:20 AM
Gram, aren't grandkids just grand? He is our first and only, and he makes us so happy. I'm sure you know how that feels. How old are yours? I notice you use some 5/16 taps, I bought 4 a couple years ago, but they always leak, down the tree? Might be the wrong bit.
Your evaproator looks great! My son is a welder, that is handy. Thanks for the nice reply.

My two granddaughters are 3 and 4! Live in the DC area, so getting to see them is not as often as I would like.:(

I have yet to collect any sap, oh well actually one lousy gallon off of my 40 5/16 taps. All of my taps are 5/16's, my trees are on the smaller size. I did buy a "tapping bit" really sharp from Anderson's Maple Syrup supplier. Works great, Haven't seen any leaking taps yet, Of course, It would help if the darn things would START!!!

cheesegenie
03-19-2011, 03:03 PM
I just checked, there is a pretty good run today, not hot, only 35f and a cold north wind,
but the sun is bright. I have always considered myself lucky to have my kids live close. The
one with the baby lives the next place west of us.