PDA

View Full Version : TV in the sugar shack???

Rossell's Sugar Camp
03-17-2011, 09:00 PM
Anyone have a tv in their sugar shack? And couches and recliners? Sounds so nice but would anything get done?

Kev
03-17-2011, 09:09 PM
Anyone have a tv in their sugar shack? And couches and recliners? Sounds so nice but would anything get done?

Yes dad had one in his. Its still there, I do not turn it on. I just wash it off and under it once a year:-|
no recliners. got a couple straight back folding chairs. really nice wooden uncomfortable ones. I like them a lot

cucinacecilia
03-17-2011, 09:16 PM
Yes dad had one in his. Its still there, I do not turn it on. I just wash it off and under it once a year:-|
no recliners. got a couple straight back folding chairs. really nice wooden uncomfortable ones. I like them a lot

I work in the refined side of the sugarhouse, and the TV is great to watch wwhile I wait for the cream to cool. And wait. And wait....

Flat Lander Sugaring
03-17-2011, 10:26 PM
bro-inlaw does watches the college B ball tourney's

michiganfarmer2
03-18-2011, 06:53 AM
not yet. someday. If it causes a burnt pan though, its getting thrown out the door

BobU
03-18-2011, 07:37 AM
No T.V. or recliners, but we do have a new lounge area with table and chairs, and alot gets done over there. Alot of card playing, dice shakeing, tall tale telling, eating and 12 oz curls. It's a busy little area.:D

The lounge keeps the "helpers" out of the way of the guys running the evaporators.

cvmaple
03-18-2011, 07:45 AM
We have 2 bench seats out of a mini van in our shack along with some good folding chairs. No TV yet but there is talk of it!! A little comfort never killed anybody that I know of.

highlandcattle
03-18-2011, 07:50 AM
I would think this would be distracting and with all the steam and stuff, not work well after awhile unless it's in an area that is protected. Chairs, pic-nic table, etc, great, ya need to sit on something and keep everyone out of the way!

Kev
03-18-2011, 08:02 AM
I would think this would be distracting and with all the steam and stuff, not work well after awhile unless it's in an area that is protected. Chairs, pic-nic table, etc, great, ya need to sit on something and keep everyone out of the way!
yes when it was turned up enough to actually hear it I felt I could not hear the boil as well as I would like. It never seemed to bother dad though...

sapman
03-18-2011, 03:10 PM
Got a tv hooked up the other day. Always have one for march madness, not that I spend near as much time boiling as I used to. But the volume does need to be way up to hear. Kind of annoying.

firetech
03-18-2011, 07:55 PM
And you fire every comercial break. But now my Spartans are out no need to watch any till the next round.

Yellzee
03-18-2011, 09:20 PM
have had a tv out there for years, only watch hockey on it though. With my home made set up inefficiencies it's pretty hard to burn a pan. I guess that's a positive in this case.

No lounge chairs though... although it would sure be nice.

briduhunt
03-21-2011, 08:43 AM
When I ran my 220 power lines to me sugar house I already had a ditch dug so I laid another pvc line for my cable TV. Have had the TV in the sugar house for 2 years now. I am the only one out there so the TV helps keep me company. I would not have it any other way.

sap runner
03-22-2011, 08:10 PM
tv,radio,two tables,fridge,cards lots of pickled eggs and fish. Oh forgot a large supply of beer,wiskey and apple pie shots.And a lot of family and friends every weekend to help collect and cook.

collinsmapleman2012
03-22-2011, 08:22 PM
just a picnic table, and some days a radio. if im real tired i just load my pan and the fire and go inside. i would be thrilled to get a continuous flow pan. or a real evaporator lol

ennismaple
03-23-2011, 11:16 AM
Dad brought one to the camp many years ago and almost burned the pans because he was paying too much attention to the hockey game. With everything we've got going on in our camp there's no way we could watch TV and boil efficiently at the same time.

Gravel
03-23-2011, 12:27 PM
Just put one in this year, watched the Bristol cup race on it Sunday, when race was over I shut it off, I enjoyed having it there!

backyardsugarer
03-23-2011, 07:35 PM
I have cable in the shack. March Madness needs to be clear (no rabbit ears)

Chris

wally
03-24-2011, 06:29 AM
had a b/w tv in the sugar house for years. used to watch sports on it, but little else, so i usually had it muted. with the switch to digital signal, the tv became useless, so it's not watched anymore. not a big deal.

just a few folding chairs/school chairs. and a cutting block.

barkeatr
03-27-2011, 07:24 PM
no TV in the house, for sure no TV in my sugar shack. for me the shack is a place for low tech..simplicity.

jrthe3
03-27-2011, 07:42 PM
i don't have anything in my sugar house and hate haveing my cell cause it always rings at the worst time

KenWP
03-27-2011, 08:09 PM
My shack dosn't have walls let alone a tv.Would be nice but the neighbours across the road might object as I am deaf and it would be pretty loud to say the least. I am hopeing to make a combined wood shed sugar shack this year on my few days off.LOL