PDA

View Full Version : while bioling

snohiker
03-14-2011, 08:55 PM
hey last night or early this morning while i was finishing up my first boil i was wondering can i shut down a biol and restart it the next day with out spoiling the syrup

adk1
03-14-2011, 09:04 PM
hey last night or early this morning while i was finishing up my first boil i was wondering can i shut down a biol and restart it the next day with out spoiling the syrup

sure can. just make sure you have enough left in the pan so that while the evap is cooling off it doest evap the rest of your sap out and scortch your pans!

ennismaple
03-14-2011, 10:09 PM

Absolutely. Our evaporator gets boiled through once per year - on the last day. Every other day we "flood" the pans after the last fire is out with 1/2" or so of extra sap and let it sit until the next boil.

Russell Lampron
03-15-2011, 06:56 AM
Absolutely, that is the way that the big boys do it. The syrup will be a little darker but that isn't much of a problem if you like dark syrup anyway.