PDA

View Full Version : Ash blowing

steve J
03-14-2011, 06:50 AM
When I run my blower on high and try to fire evaporator ash blows out the door. Also the flu was running close to 900 degrees. When I cut the motor speed in half I could fire with no problems boiled seem to be faster. My question is ; Is it possible that my blower is a bit to large to run on high and I was blowing my heat up my flu its only a 2x4 evaporator?

DrTimPerkins
03-14-2011, 07:42 AM
When I run my blower on high and try to fire evaporator ash blows out the door. Also the flu was running close to 900 degrees. When I cut the motor speed in half I could fire with no problems boiled seem to be faster. My question is ; Is it possible that my blower is a bit to large to run on high and I was blowing my heat up my flu its only a 2x4 evaporator?

Many people put their blower on a switch or rheostat and shut it down or slow it down when firing.

MapleMounder
03-14-2011, 08:15 AM
Steve, I also have a 2’ x 4’ by Mason with a blower. I had the same problem with the ash. I put the fan on a rheostat. Every time I fire I shut off the blower, load wood and then turn the blower back on. I added a little neon light next to the switch so I can glance over and see if I have the fan on or off. I don’t run my fan anywhere near high, I try to keep my stack temp around 500 or 600 and am averaging about 10 to 12 gallons of sap an hour. Rob