PDA

View Full Version : I Did It!

jmp
03-13-2011, 07:01 PM
Not a big deal to all you experts but I was excited to make my first half gallon of dark amber today! Thanks for all of you that have provided advice and guidance and thanks to all that have posted. I couldn't have done it without information gained from all of you and this site. -John :D

morningstarfarm
03-13-2011, 07:59 PM
NICE!!! its a wonderful feeling seeing all the full jars...and there is just something about syrup in glass..I personally cant stand those plastic jugs..:D

elm creek guy
03-13-2011, 08:12 PM
Way to go fun is fun and making syrup is fun good luck on your next 10000 gallons enjoy every tap and minute! Well maybe every adult pop too

RipTyd
03-13-2011, 08:51 PM
Way to go!!!! It just feels so go good to get something so tasty after all that work , i mean FUN!!!

Kev
03-13-2011, 09:13 PM
Not a big deal to all you experts but I was excited to make my first half gallon of dark amber today! Thanks for all of you that have provided advice and guidance and thanks to all that have posted. I couldn't have done it without information gained from all of you and this site. -John :D

I still get excited every single year. and every year I wait with anticipation as I am getting ready to make that first draw, for the answer to that all important question. whats it TASTE like. every season seem to have its own flavors.
GONGRATS!!!

Ausable
03-13-2011, 09:18 PM

Good Going jmp -- That is soooo great. One of my Grand-daughters and her Husband are doing their first Boil today too and haven't heard how they made out yet. A wonderful thing when a tradition is carried on ---- Again - Congratulations on Your First Boil ---- Mike

40to1
03-13-2011, 09:46 PM
Ahhhh, product!
Congratulations!

It's very gratifying to see all the bottles and jars lined up. Although it seems that the evaporator is where all the action is, the bottling is curiously satisfying.

Southtowns27
03-13-2011, 10:42 PM
Good job! You're really screwed now. You'll have 10000 taps in no time, lol. :)

jmp
03-14-2011, 08:18 AM
Thanks for the kind words guys! And yes, I am already thinking about bigger and better and more more more!!! My poor wife! :D