PDA

View Full Version : hydrometer

chefchap
03-13-2011, 03:31 PM
any sugar equipment dealers in maine sell hydrometers so i dont have to pay shipping charges
ty

whalems
03-13-2011, 03:35 PM
here's one http://www.kinneymaplesupplies.com/Products/Product_Catalog_-_15/product_catalog_-_15.html#hydrometer

tessiersfarm
03-13-2011, 07:07 PM
Suga's in Vaselboro
Bacon Farm in Sidney
Agway in Winslow and Skowhegan
Tractor Supply in Skowhegan and others I assume
Farmington Farmers Union in Farmington
Paris Farmers Union in Newport, Monmoth, Bridgton and others I assume
Kinney's in Knox

and many other places I am sure.

danno
03-13-2011, 08:20 PM
Tractor Supply in Skowhegan and others I assume
and many other places I am sure.

Your TSC sells syrup hydrometers? That's so cool. The TSC's around here sell nothing syrup related. Happy to hear that the sap weather has made it to our northern bretherens!

Revi
03-13-2011, 08:26 PM
We just got into the sap. It took temperatures above freezing. Who da thunk it?

It's always good to have an extra hydrometer around. One could break in the middle of the season, and it's a hassle to find another one.

Not that I ever broke one...

TapME
03-13-2011, 08:33 PM
any sugar equipment dealers in maine sell hydrometers so i dont have to pay shipping charges
ty

Try Slattery's in West Minot, they carry all sugaring supplies. The phone # is under west minot trading post.

Kev
03-13-2011, 09:09 PM
Your TSC sells syrup hydrometers? That's so cool. The TSC's around here sell nothing syrup related. Happy to hear that the sap weather has made it to our northern bretherens!

Our big R just started carrying some maple supplys. GASP. those 6 or 7 buck plastic sap buckets? you to can buy all you want for 17 bucks a piece. those 4 dollar lids...8 bucks. you can only get a hydrometer in the "starter kit"
flat filters? 24x24 for 15 bucks, I think the plastic spiles were 6 bucks a piece.
thats almost as bad as the ebay seller with his NIB 39 dollar syrup hydrometers :lol: