PDA

View Full Version : What now?

SeanD
03-13-2011, 08:32 AM
I scorched a pan last night, so I guess I'm in the club now. Luckily, I was looking right at it when it happened and got sap on it right away. A couple of pieces of candy stuck to the spoon when we stirred around the area, but they weren't charred.

Once all the excitement was over, things seemed to return to normal and the syrup tastes really good. This morning I was able to use a flashlight and look down into the bottom of the pan. There's a 1/2" by 6" inch patch right along the side of one of the dividers. I can scrape through to bare metal near the edges, but the main area is tougher.

Can I leave it alone or will it get worse? Can I scrape it in place or will that ruin the syrup in there? Or is the only option to drain and clean?

Thanks in advance,
Sean

Flat Lander Sugaring
03-13-2011, 08:47 AM
have to scrape it clean an use a scotch brite pad to get all areas clean again or I beleive it will off flavor any more syrup you make. I have had to use a wood chisel (no hammer):D a puddy knife woulsn't work.
drain and clean would be might recomendation. If you want save that for yourself