PDA

View Full Version : 2x6 wf mason evaporator

kboyer
03-11-2011, 03:04 PM
Does any have one? how does it compare to a comparable Leader or other brands? I am looking at purchasing a new 2x6 this year and I am still fairly new to this. Thanks!

adk1
03-11-2011, 03:11 PM
member sbingham just bought one. this is his first year with it. goto the Community Link and down to Members List and find his name and send him a PM

BryanEx
03-11-2011, 06:18 PM
If you search Bill Mason on Maple Trader you will find discussions dating back years without a single negative post about him, his work, or his price which completely goes against the adage that "you can't please all the people all the time". That is the reason I decided to order my own new evap from Bill.

sbingham
03-11-2011, 08:05 PM
I am anxiously awaiting to fire up my new Mason 2x6. As was mentioned in an earlier post, you can scour this site and will be unable to find a negative post about Bill. Between this and what I seen on his brochure and then on his website, I decide to give him a try. It's a long ways from Tony, WI to Porter, ME but from what I learned in my research and feedback from others, it was worth it. I am very pleased with Bill's workmanship and overall quality and value in the unit I purchased. I also purchased a filter tank and again the quality was exceptional. If you look at some of Bill's posts on here, he's pretty humble and does not seem to give himself enough credit for the product he turns out of his shop in my opinion.
Give him a shot, you won't be disappointed.

adk1
03-11-2011, 09:27 PM
Oh I plan on it for sure. Not a 2x6, but one of his 2x4 setups. If i had the $ to invest into the 2x6 Iwprobably would, but I dont at this time and i have spent enough time anticipating making my own syrup, as most on this stite would admit!

mike z
03-12-2011, 11:31 AM
sbingham - Does that Mason 2X6 have the drop tubes? Let us know how it performs.:)

buxtonboiler
03-12-2011, 02:00 PM
I bought 2X4 from him last year and am very pleased. He came highlly recommended from 3 guys I know with them. The qulity and workmanship are unbeatable, not to mention his invaluable expertise as a former mapler.

sbingham
03-12-2011, 04:44 PM
My 2x6 Mason does not have the drop tubes, I wish I could have gone that route, but would have been more than I wanted to invest in a unit right now. Hopefully a couple years down the road.
Mike - I would like to see your sugaring operation some time - you are welcome to stop in here as well. From your past posts, I am assuming you are on Fedyn Road. We are 3/4 of a mile east of County I on Cross Road.

adk1
03-12-2011, 07:06 PM
I didnt realize Bill made a flat pan 2x6?

mike z
03-12-2011, 07:18 PM
sbingham - Stop over anytime. We're 1 mile north on Fedyn Rd. Lots of changes for us this year, should be quite a circus. Just look for the climbing, Dr. Seuss like smoke stack as you enter the driveway.

sbingham
03-12-2011, 07:44 PM
adk1 - My 2x6 pan from Bill is a partitioned continuous flow pan.

Mike - I'll take you up on the offer, know exactly where you are at now. We go all the way up Fedyn Road and back in to the east to get to our hunting camp.

adk1
03-13-2011, 09:10 AM
did you buy the arch from him too all at the same time? Pics?