PDA

View Full Version : My new sap rig

highway
03-10-2011, 05:21 PM
Collected with my mule the other day for the first time. worked out great.

https://picasaweb.google.com/107396364480794542661/Mar10201102#

Enjoy,

Ed

Ausable
03-10-2011, 06:11 PM
Hey Highway --- checking out your pictures --- Now that is one - fine - sap collecting machine --- What a great idea --- Mike

Dan W
03-10-2011, 06:26 PM
Highway, I have an identical Mule. Only have had it since January-best investment I have made. I use a 55 gallon drum in the bed to collect buckets. One of these days I'll get some pics up-too busy sugaring now.

Fishgill
03-10-2011, 06:54 PM
I'm jealous. If I have a good fishing season I will be looking for some kind of sap hauler.
Nice set up

highway
02-26-2012, 07:21 PM
The rig in motion, It works like a dream.
It hauls the 125 gallon tank full with no problem. It is a true life saver.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GXJBeKrHkto

MISugarDaddy
02-27-2012, 07:12 AM
Nice setup. We have a similar setup, a Kubota RTV 1100 with tracks. My wife said she wanted to have a heated cab since she does most of the collecting. It sure makes it nice to get in out of the weather traveling over 1/2 mile each way to the sugarbush to collect sap.

highway
02-29-2012, 02:09 PM
Nice setup. We have a similar setup, a Kubota RTV 1100 with tracks. My wife said she wanted to have a heated cab since she does most of the collecting. It sure makes it nice to get in out of the weather traveling over 1/2 mile each way to the sugarbush to collect sap.

A cab would be awesome, I get a little chilly driving in the evening. What kind of tracks are you running?

Any Picture?

Ed

MISugarDaddy
03-02-2012, 09:11 AM
Hi Ed,

The tracks that we put on our Kubota RTV are made by Camoplast and are the TATOU UTV 4S track system. They are a four-season track so when the snow melted last spring and gave us mud in our sugarbush, we were able to continue to use them. It was amazing how little we cut in in either the snow or the mud. In fact in the mud, the only thing that cut in was the lugs, the rest of the tracks stayed on top of the mud.
As for a cab, I believe that Curtis makes a cab that can be added to your mule. We had a Curtis cab on our Gator that we owned before getting the Kubota, and it was nice to get in out of the wind and weather. The cab on the Kubota is not only heated, but also air conditioned so now my wife is really spoiled when we are out cutting wood in the spring and summer.
I will post a couple of pictures on here within the next day of the unit.
Gary