PDA

View Full Version : Pricing suggestions for coated nuts

valleyman
03-10-2011, 01:03 PM
I participated in a local maple fest and I got an order for 30 -2oz bags of maple coated peanuts and 30- 2oz bags of maple coated Pecans. I'm not sure how to price the order. Any suggestions would be helpful.

I was selling the peanuts for $2 a bag and $3 for pecans (2 ounce bags)

Thanks

Kev
03-10-2011, 04:02 PM
I participated in a local maple fest and I got an order for 30 -2oz bags of maple coated peanuts and 30- 2oz bags of maple coated Pecans. I'm not sure how to price the order. Any suggestions would be helpful.

I was selling the peanuts for $2 a bag and $3 for pecans (2 ounce bags)

Thanks
how did you come up with the price for the nuts in the first place?
did you pull the price out of the air? did you lower the price untill they started selling. or did you raise the price untill they did not move as quickly?
or did you figure out how much you had in them and packaging and decide what the minimum were willing to make for the trouble?
or did you research the going rates of others?
No offense intended.

sfsshadow
03-10-2011, 04:49 PM
thats what we charge for our nuts. costs about 52 cents an ounce to make, peanuts,about 37 cents

valleyman
03-10-2011, 07:04 PM
Whoaaaa! Slow down Kev. Honestly I forget how I came up with the exact prices. I did research some other Maple Houses to get an idea. I had no problem sellinig out at those prices last year.

I should have been more specific with my inquiry. I'm assuming that I should offer a discount because of the volume from one order and I'm just wondering what fellow Maple Traders think. I happen to know the buyer and that usually makes me feel like I have to offer a discount.

Thanks sfsshadow for sharing your info. Most appreciated.:)

Kev
03-10-2011, 08:04 PM
LOL wasn't trying to run over ya... and I know as I look at my post it probably came across much stronger than I ever intended. Sorry about that.

valleyman
03-11-2011, 08:04 AM
No sweat Kev.

We're all in this madness together.