PDA

View Full Version : sugaring and colds

Kev
03-10-2011, 08:52 AM
Dad says their is an old saying that sugaring will clear up a cold in a hurry. I now think its true! I had congestion and sinus headache yesterday By the time I was done at 2 am and I was mopping the floor I realized it was gone.
am I nuts to think it was the steam and such?

Dill
03-10-2011, 09:18 AM
I think its the steam. But I'm worried about sugaring and the flu. I really feel like crapola this morning. And between town meeting and a bigsap warning its going to be a busy weekend.

red maples
03-10-2011, 09:44 AM
you guys don't have sb2? We addapted that a few years ago!!! best thing ever...love it.

I have been having some sinus problems as well and after boiling yesterday I felt better as well. This cold raw weather always gives me a runny nose!!!

Dill
03-10-2011, 09:57 AM
It just passed by 8 votes. I'm not happy. Saturday is the last town meeting. My son only gets to go to one. Its the purest form of democracy in the world. But why have informed votes with discussion and discourse?

red maples
03-10-2011, 01:59 PM
sorry to kinda steal this thread for a minute here.

Very true but on the other hand you still have a deliberative session where you can discuss the nature of items that will be voted on. which can be just as entertaining as a formal town meeting. our was very long We a num-nut that was trying to interfear with the basic workings of the town gov. and turned a 1 hour meeting into 2 hrs 45 minutes and she wasn't even there. which would have had alot of negative effects on the town. I met this woman while I was holding a sign for the Ag commission. Oh my she was against everything and everybody. just a straight out negative person. Couldn't imagine being married to that!!!! :rolleyes:

Dill
03-10-2011, 02:10 PM
The problem with the deliberative session is
1. Nothing can actually be voted on so it gets nastier than town meeting.
2. It can be more easily swayed by one special interest or another
3. Its not a traditional meeting that only happens in the northeast
What really bugs me about SB2 is how its presented, the people who push it are not for more democracy. They are for lower budgets. And do not have the backbone to stand up and tell their neighbors this.
I've been going to town meetings for 30 years, I'm a 3rd generation native to NH and I'm not in favor of SB2.

Clarkfield Farms
03-11-2011, 05:55 PM
SB2 is the sequel to movie "SB"? THAT explains it....:confused::confused::confused: