PDA

View Full Version : Who coined the phrase...

SDdave
03-09-2011, 07:15 AM
Who coined the phrase "the one who needs to be obeyed"? I love it, makes me laugh every time i read it.

SDdave

cvmaple
03-09-2011, 08:06 AM
On this website I think the first one to use the phrase was KenWP. I may be wrong though.

mapleack
03-09-2011, 08:42 AM
Who coined the phrase "the one who needs to be obeyed"? I love it, makes me laugh every time i read it.

SDdave

Not "needs to be" around here it's "must be!" LOL.

3rdgen.maple
03-09-2011, 09:49 AM
Its "she who must be obeyed" and it came from the one and the only KENWP.

SDdave
03-09-2011, 11:41 AM
Gotcha'. KenWP that's absolutey hilarious, love it. But, I don't think I'm going to tell my she who must be obeyed anytime soon. I might get physically abused!

SDdave

CBOYER
03-09-2011, 11:53 AM
you know, Canada is a matriarchal society :lol:

BryanEx
03-09-2011, 05:44 PM
you know, Canada is a matriarchal society :lol:

One day I hope to meet you in person CBOYER. Your humour is wonderful... even in a second language. :)

BoarsNest
03-09-2011, 06:42 PM
One of my buddys gave me a ringtone for my cell phone that I set to ring when my wife's calls me. Warning Warning it's the Wife with a horn sounding in the background. She thinks it's lame, but I love it when she call's me when I'm in a store. PM me if you want it.

KenWP
03-09-2011, 06:49 PM
Its "she who must be obeyed" and it came from the one and the only KENWP.

Being a piller of the community and a good traveler of the east I have to be truthful.The term actually comes from old stories in Ellery Queen mystery mags.It was used by a laywer called Rumpole of the Bailey.He was scared of his wife. I being a meek timid man whos only been under gunfire a few times in his life is very scared of my wife also.When she says jump I ask how high.

Like my old brother once said I can no tell a lie I cut it down with my hachet.

CBOYER
03-09-2011, 07:22 PM
Hey BrianEx, i'm surprised to see That Dunvegan Ont. is very close tothe place i originate , St-Anicet Qc on the south side of lake St-Francis, direct in front of Lancaster. So are you a "Yellow Belly" ??:mrgreen:

SDdave
03-09-2011, 08:38 PM
Ken found a website for ya'. www.cafepress.com/lightly9

For all your she who must be obeyed needs.:o

3rdgen.maple
03-09-2011, 10:23 PM
Kenwp is good for a laugh but just the other day Gramma on here coined the phrase "He who must be told" I think Ken married the wrong lady!:lol:

CBOYER
03-10-2011, 06:15 PM
Hey BrianEx, i'm surprised to see That Dunvegan Ont. is very close tothe place i originate , St-Anicet Qc on the south side of lake St-Francis, direct in front of Lancaster. So are you a "Yellow Belly" ??:mrgreen:

For you thay doesnt understand the term, old people from very south east Ontario fish so much eels from St-Lawrence river that they were call "Yellow Bellies" ..

BryanEx
03-10-2011, 07:01 PM
Not a yellow belly... Quebecois more than anything but like KenWP... very much an Anglo lost in Quebec. Born in Quebec City, raised in St. Bruno, Germany, & Virginia, it's my professional careers that have brought me to various parts of Ontario. I just found the perfect piece of property for me and plan on staying here until I'm too old to carry in firewood or cut 5 acres of grass. I'll let you know how the eel fishing goes next year. :D

KenWP
03-12-2011, 06:28 PM
I am actually a Pennesylvania dutch man or deutchman.Shows you how screwed up I am.Born in the hills of Alberta raised to hunt and fish and live off the land and moved to Quebec because she who has to be obeyed wanted to move back here to be near her sister. Very weird as most of my life I would have tied the noose in the rope and be the first man to pull on it if a frenchman ever stepped in my way.Now I work for french people and like them and can almost carry out a conversation.
I am hopeing my brother comes out here next year so I can screw with his mind big time.