PDA

View Full Version : G.H. Grimm is closing.

Justin Turco
12-16-2005, 09:39 AM
I found out the other day that Grimm's in Rutland, VT is closing in May. This is not good news. If you've ever been to the place you'll know we're going to miss it. Good bunch of people. Very Helpful. Knowledgable. They make some nice equipment. Or at least they have in the past. Gary Audet, if your listening right now, keep Grimm open. Find some products that they can make to keep them busy during the off times. And keep that facility running. That is where I like to do business! I want to see those folks keep doing what they do. Anybody else out there feel the same way? Do you have any ideas of something that could help keep that facility profitable?

mountainvan
12-16-2005, 11:27 AM
I thought I read somewhere, maple digest, that they were moving to st albans and expanding?

Maple Hill Sugarhouse
12-16-2005, 06:23 PM
If there is a very skilled tinsmith in the area it would be wise to set up shop nearby as i assume there will be a need for some type of service to pans and equipment locally.

Al
12-16-2005, 06:45 PM
I know how you feel. Leader Evaporator is moving to Swanton Vt. and combining with G.H. Grim in one building. I will miss Leader is St. Albans even thou Swanton is about the same distance away. Leader was only about a quarter of a mile away from my wife's work. Was very nice when I needed something. She coluld pick it up at lunch time and they always took very good care of her there. They've always been there and will be sorely missed.
Take care,

GregMVT
12-19-2005, 04:44 AM
Hi Justin, you aren't to far from me in Poultney. I get a lot of my stuff from G H Grimm's. This is the first I've heard that they are closing. They are a great bunch of people and have really helped me out a lot when I was first getting started. I'll have to make sure I get over there next week while the college is closed down. Thank you for the information.

Greg

brookledge
12-19-2005, 08:21 PM
The maple syrup digest says new store and office to open in Jan. 06.
Suppose to offer the largest inventory, store, and show room in the U.S.
You had to wonder when Leader bought out Grimm years ago, what there long term plans were?
Keith

maplefamily74
04-09-2006, 07:14 PM
well yes and no on there closing...yes the plant in rutland is closing and the moving to there new showroom and plant in swanton with leader as leader bought them out along time ago...leader is also moving from st albans to swanton... there gonna have one heck of a showroom its a long drive for some of you guys but hopfully u guys can make it there maybe car pool ..

Fred Henderson
04-09-2006, 08:09 PM
Is GH Grimm a different company than Dominion & Grimm?

WESTVIRGINIAMAPLER
04-09-2006, 08:11 PM
GH was bought by Leader back in 90's and is the raised flue division of Leader. :D

D&G is a Canadian based company.

brookledge
04-09-2006, 08:11 PM
Yes

Al
04-09-2006, 08:33 PM
The place is hugh. All the equipment is in about the same size space as St. Albans. Takes alot of getting used to to find things. It's like going from a Mom&Pop to a Walmart. In the long run we'll see what happens. There prices are high and some of the help aren't all that experianced in Maple.
Still is a nice place just different.
Take care

super sappy
04-10-2006, 12:27 PM
The store in rutland is going to remain open. Only the manufacturing is going north. You can still get supplies there.