PDA

View Full Version : Rowley area?

sams64
03-08-2011, 09:00 AM
I have 25 trees tapped and about 10-12 more to go this weekend as well as building an arch. If there is anyone else in the Rowley area I would love to share info and see if my fledgling hoem operation is producing as it should.

sam

Wardner in Tewksbury
03-08-2011, 09:26 AM
Nice people and nice operation and they welcome visitors in North Andover. Could be less than 10 miles from you. Check website for hours of operation and/or telephone number.

http://www.facebook.com/turtlelanemaplefarm

sams64
03-20-2011, 12:56 PM
Finally got the block arch up and running. Its rolling along and I should be able to get caught up by the end of the day. Hope my pallet supply holds up

Sam

sams64
03-31-2011, 06:45 PM
I think its finally done here. I have a few trees that are still running pretty, well, but don't want to contaminate teh sap that I have in storage if it is "buddy".
One final boil on 80 gallons of sap Sunday and we'll be done for the season.

Should finish out around 4 gallons of syrup. The first batches were very dark, but, my sap has been lighter for the last week so I'm hoping for some a lighter grade this boil.

sam

eustis22
04-01-2011, 09:27 AM
I dunno, sam..I'm in Haverhill and still pulling clear sap...then again, I'm a newbie and could be wrong 8 ways from sunday

Maplesedge
04-01-2011, 10:41 PM
My first year it went to April 21st.

If the saps good, and you've got the wood, and you think you should, then boil it

sams64
04-03-2011, 07:37 AM
Getting ready for the last boil.

There are a couple of factors saying its time to stop. The first is I haven't seen more than a cup or two of sap since Thursday. Second the dog is already a berry patch of tick so I need to get the yard sprayed and don't think pesticides and sap would be a good combo.

Haverhill might be enough inland that you get some cooler nights still. Good luck for you guys trying to keep it going. If any of you need wood I can hook you up with pallets in Salem.

sam