PDA

View Full Version : Am I a good neighbor?

Groves
03-07-2011, 01:48 PM
Ok, so I've got this property with a few trees, but my neighbor has a ton of good sapping trees.

I've been tapping his woods and mine for the last 5 years, but sometimes I just leave my taps in the tree all year because I'm lazy.

Anyway, I noticed a few months back that my neighbor's land has changed hands. I don't know the new guy, but I think he's spotted my lines on his trees. I bet 90% of my sap comes from that guys bush.

I'm just a sap seller anyway. I hope he doesn't mind, he didn't say anything for the last 4 years, but what if he comes over all huffy and violent? I'm clearly in the wrong, but my pack of pit bulls doesn't know that.

What am I thinking? There's no way for him to get to the dogs unless he climbs through the other man-traps I have all over.

I thought for sure he'd be over by now, but now I'm not so sure.

What's a fellow to do?

All a joke, folks.

I hope prattsap shows up soon with an update.

NH/Pete
03-07-2011, 02:14 PM
He did :lol:

http://www.mapletrader.com/community/showthread.php?t=11957

Typical8
03-07-2011, 02:17 PM
Hey Groves you got property in Vermont?

Groves
03-07-2011, 02:24 PM
Heh. I barely have property in Missouri where I live full-time.

I just had that "What would the other guy write if he were also part of Mapletrader" moment is all. I'm hoping it works out for him.

I hear he's going to meet the neighbor, but no report yet.

Typical8
03-07-2011, 02:37 PM
I was once a bad neighbor on some lease land. Landowner showed me his lines " Just follow the old fence line" After tubing installed and pump house in place the neighbor comes over and says its on his land.

After land surveyor was finished with the situation I had to move 1 mainline, about 30 taps , plus 1 pump house 30 '. Good thing it wasn't tapped yet.

syruplover99
03-07-2011, 04:20 PM
haha no we havent had this problem b4 but we have sap feaver hahahhaha lol but would do anything 4 sap! :P

mike z
03-07-2011, 08:33 PM
The sap is always sweeter on the other side of the fence, or in this case, main line.

Groves
03-07-2011, 10:17 PM
Just to be clear.

This thread was a humorous response to prattsap's problem with his neighbor as outlined in this thread

http://www.mapletrader.com/community/showthread.php?t=11957

I don't live in VT, and I'm not tapping trees not on my land.