PDA

View Full Version : New From New Hampshire

wsonner
03-06-2011, 07:46 AM
Hi everyone. I just found your forum this morning and boy am I glad you're here! I tapped my first tree ever yesterday and scorched my first pan last night. I can tell already that I'm hooked. But what am I supposed to do the REST of the year? :-)

Wes

Flat Lander Sugaring
03-06-2011, 07:48 AM
welcome Upside down Stater hehe you prepare for the next season with all the upgrades

wsonner
03-06-2011, 08:02 AM
Ahhh, something ELSE to make the years go faster, ahahaha. :-)

Flat Lander Sugaring
03-06-2011, 08:18 AM
I'm planning a new sugar garage in spring and then upgrades to arch ( AOF, square the sides up and insulated door) its never ending:mrgreen:

sugardaddy's
03-06-2011, 09:20 AM
Don't walk away from your pan when the bubbles are thick, heavy and small at the end. Not even for a minute. As for the rest of the year you start to collect more stuff for next season. You have some good deals from locals in N.H. A guy in Rochester sells used 5 gal. buctkets for around a buck+ and lids
for .50. Another guy named Randy makes evaporators at a real good price for backyarders. They both put ads on craigslist every now and then.

3% Solution
03-06-2011, 09:29 AM
wosner,
Alright now you got that crap out of the way first thing, now you can start making some syrup!!!!
Ya need a bigger rig and more taps!!!
Enjoy your self this year and go slowly!!!!
Enjoy it, don't let this habit control you. (LOL, easier said than done!!!!)
Oh yeah, welcome to the site, it's great here, lots of folks to help.
Keep in touch!

Dave

red maples
03-06-2011, 10:01 AM
welcome wosner...

Gotta get bigger!!! more taps, bigger evap, sugarhouse, tubing, vacuum pump releasers, wet dry lines or sap ladders, RO's, preHEATERS, FORCED AIR, FILTER PRESS!!! :evil::o sorry got carried away :lol:

wsonner
03-06-2011, 11:28 AM
welcome wosner...

Gotta get bigger!!! more taps, bigger evap, sugarhouse, tubing, vacuum pump releasers, wet dry lines or sap ladders, RO's, preHEATERS, FORCED AIR, FILTER PRESS!!! :evil::o sorry got carried away :lol:

LOL. I've been keeping reef aquariums for about 18 years now. I KNOW how these things can get out of hand...and I LOVE it. :-)

wsonner
03-06-2011, 11:29 AM
By the way, the username is really "wsonner". Somehow I fudged it up when I registered.