PDA

View Full Version : Indiana Association Directory?

BryanEx
03-06-2011, 07:12 AM
Can anyone tell me if there is a directory of Indiana Maple producers available anywhere? The Maple Association does not list one on their web site and I've written to them twice now with no reply BUT their membership form asks if you want to be listed.

Mark72
03-06-2011, 10:17 AM
From what I have seen the maple industry (In Indiana) is grossly under estimated by the dept of agriculture. This leads me to believe that only a few producers in the state are represented. The Indiana Maple Syrup Association links to thier site which is only updated to 2008. There is an Amish community near me that has nearly as many taps in production as there were reported at that time and that is only one small area!

Mark

BryanEx
03-06-2011, 10:21 AM
Okay... thanks very much for the update Mark.

DougM
03-09-2011, 08:44 PM
Jeff Settle of the Indiana Dept. of Natural Resources sends out a survey to all Indiana Maple Syrup Association members every year. He compiles the responses, you can see it here: http://www.in.gov/dnr/forestry/files/fo-Maple_Syrup_Report.pdf. It references an Indiana Maple Syrup Producers Brochure, but I don't think I've ever seen one, and I think the same sentence about wanting to update it has been in every report I've seen.

We are IMSA members, but I don't think we've ever received a members or producers directory.

BryanEx
03-10-2011, 05:14 PM
We are IMSA members, but I don't think we've ever received a members or producers directory.
Thanks very much for the info... I guess I will quit looking for one then and just leave my sugarbush directory at 4 listings for Indiana.