PDA

View Full Version : any ideas on a homemade vacuum system

03-05-2011, 02:10 PM
hey i was wondering if anybody had ideas on a makeshift vacuum system

Haynes Forest Products
03-05-2011, 04:59 PM
WE ALL DO that is how we all started and made every mistake in the books and came out better for it now get going.

KenWP
03-05-2011, 07:58 PM
In Wisconsin I am told in the Jacksonport area they use this fellow from Denver to suck on the lines and claim it works as good as a regular vacuum pump.
We have heard people wanting to use shop vacs even to get vacuum on here. If you have a dairy barn close by sneak a line out the back wall to your trees and you will have some suction twice a day at least. They just don't use as high as vac as maple guys do.

sap runner
03-06-2011, 06:50 AM
not sure who is funnier between Hanyes or Ken but I do enjoy reading all the bull you two write,some very good answers to questions we all have and somethings to make us all laugh.Keep up the great work it,at times its better than the best comedy club and theres no charge for it on maple trader.

Flat Lander Sugaring
03-06-2011, 08:06 AM
In Northern tools there is a diaghram pump with 3/4 in and out ports 12v. its cost about 200, I'm thinking of a 6" green sewer pipe vacuum chamber like the sap sucker being sold online. I don't see why this wouldn't work but ordering the pump this week. I'll make the vacuum chamber at work.