PDA

View Full Version : Dr said KEEP IT ELEVATED

Haynes Forest Products
03-04-2011, 09:50 PM
So for the second time I cut the tip almost off my finger. This time it was with a SAWZAL. I was cutting pipe and as I was putting the saw down My left hand was on the head area near the shoe. My middle finger on my left hand slipped under the blade chuck as it retracted back into the saw nipping off some of the nail and a flap of the tip:mad::cry: Now the Dr said I have to keep it elevated. So Under Dr's orders I get to drive around Denver with my middle finger on my left hand raised against the window......LIFE IS GOOD

Thad Blaisdell
03-04-2011, 09:56 PM
This could happen to only you, LOL

3rdgen.maple
03-04-2011, 10:00 PM
Dont you just love how that little guard right there is just big enough to slip a finger in? Did the same thing a couple months ago but luckily it didnt break skin but had to do the old drill bit through the nail routine. Two days ago however I was pushing a wet cloth through my feed line for the evaporator to clean it out. Well I was pushing hard as I could and then bam the stupid handle and rag pushed though and slammed my thumb into the braided nylon pipe and split my thumb right up the middle halfway up my nail. Doc didnt tell me to put it up in the air. Maple men dont go to doctors for digit damage Haynes. Needle and thread then back to work in 30. She who must be obeyed says Im an idiot. Maybe maybe not all I know is I dont have a 500 dollar doctor bll and my work is done. LOL Be kind of funny thoough if we passed each other driving down the road Haynes. You flipping me the bird and me giving you the thumbs up. :rolleyes:

Haynes Forest Products
03-04-2011, 10:12 PM
That would be funny. I have a urgent care that Im a frequent patron. I should be like Tim The Tool Man and have my own Coffee cup behind the counter. Talk about do it yourself your crazy. Last time I cut my palm it took 4 needle injections to numb it:mad: For 5 stiches WHAT......THE

maple flats
03-05-2011, 04:53 AM
Haste makes stitches. Slow down and wait til the tool (any tool) stops before getting careless, you all need everything God sent you with!

Potters3
03-05-2011, 05:21 AM
I don't think I have made it thru a season yet without coming back from the shack with a wade of papertowel and electrical tape (bandaid) wrapped around me somewhere. Can't stop boiling wrap it up and get back in the game.

Dennis H.
03-05-2011, 07:04 AM
You aren't working unless there is blood to show for it!
That is my moto anyway. I had to come up with one to explain all the cuts and injuries that I get when I am working on stuff.

That is funny though Haynes, I can hear it now all these calls going into the ploice about a guy driving around flipping everyone off!
Heck I would search out an officer and drive by to see if he comes after me. Now that would be funny.

You are one funny SOB Haynes!:lol:

collinsmapleman2012
03-05-2011, 07:13 AM
think that hurts my buddy clomped his middle finger in a backhoe. his teacher sent him to the office once cuz he couldnt bend that finger :lol:

Haynes Forest Products
03-05-2011, 08:51 AM
I work with a guy that has 2 fingers a little shorter than the others. Along with his fingers most of the guards on his equipment are missing:o You ever set a worm drive skill saw down without the blade guard things can get dicy

mapleack
03-05-2011, 08:54 AM
I work with a guy that has 2 fingers a little shorter than the others. Along with his fingers most of the guards on his equipment are missing:o You ever set a worm drive skill saw down without the blade guard things can get dicy

Haynes, sorry to hear about your finger! As to your coworker, stupid is as stupid does.

BobU
03-06-2011, 08:29 PM
Sorry to hear about your finger hope it heals enough for you to get back here and and get tapping.
My todays' injury story,
Screw gun and self tapping screws, (bet you know where this is going). Doing some light tin work at the shack, screwed through the tin and into my finger far enough that I had to put the gun into reverse and run the screw back out before I could put all my effort into cussing and jumping around.:(

We have to be more careful this is no time to get hurt, seasons almost here.

CBOYER
03-06-2011, 09:15 PM
Never remove the rubber cover where you put front hand on a sawzall. i melt a blade when i cut a sole on a home to put a window, a 220v wire was cover whit foam urethane. this insulator maybe save my life.

peacemaker
03-07-2011, 08:19 AM
got my finger in one of tensioner sat was trying to realese it by myself hands wet and all .left a nice blood trail to my pack no electic tape so out cam the teflon tape and back to work