PDA

View Full Version : Tapping

C&C maple sugar bush
03-04-2011, 07:53 PM
How many people are going to tap the weekend or next weekend in central Wisconsin? I was thinking about taping next weekend, but it depends on the weather.

buck3m
03-04-2011, 07:56 PM
I'm at about your latitude in Minnesota, and I won't be tapping for at least a week yet. Looking too cold just north of Minneapolis.

dschultz
03-04-2011, 08:45 PM
Got the batteries charged and ready to go,going to start tomorrow.

maple connection
03-04-2011, 09:17 PM
The way the weather pattern looks, I am thinking mid week. I think it is plenty early for tapping in bags. The people with tubing are starting to tap.
Good luck to everyone!!!

bison1973
03-04-2011, 10:04 PM
Supposed to stay below freezing thru tuesday. Then possible snowstorm wed. Might as well wait till that's all done. Temps don't look to get near 40 again until next weekend. That's when I'll start. By that time it's about an average start date forthe season anyway.

Haynes Forest Products
03-04-2011, 10:32 PM
Thinking of heading out Tuesday for Wisc. Have to fix a few things load the trailer and clean out the truck. Work on monday. Looks like its all coming together as planned. Need to stop in Kakahannaana and visit Smokey lake metal benders and see what Jim is up too.

TF Maple
03-05-2011, 09:25 AM
Over here in eastern Wisconsin the herd is getting jumpy and seems about to stampede. Some people are putting taps in and getting some sap even if the temperatures are a little low. I guess the trees have thawed out some from the winter and any warmth at all is moving some sap. Regardless what the temperatures are, it is getting to be time to put them in since they won't dry up before the end of the season now anyway.