PDA

View Full Version : Rapi-Tube and Rapi-Fix : Feedback requested!

IPL Technical Support
03-02-2011, 06:07 PM
Hello guys,

I know that some of you have already installed the system and I would like to receive any comments/questions/suggestions regarding both products.

Feedback that we got so far is from our distributor CDL, but unfortunately we don't have any direct links with the final consumer: you guys.

Please feel free to share anything on your mind to help us make your life easier!

There is also a new product coming up that might require some "beta-testing"... ;)

xyz5150
03-03-2011, 06:42 AM
I have been using rapi-fix on sags on long lateral lines works great, its lightweight and easy to carry. I just ordered a second roll yesterday.

collinsmapleman2012
03-03-2011, 09:13 AM
i would like to use rapitube in my sugarbush, the only problem i have is itsa bit out of my budget to use

heus
03-03-2011, 02:50 PM
Are any of your demonstration videos in English?

IPL Technical Support
03-03-2011, 04:16 PM
I have been using rapi-fix on sags on long lateral lines works great, its lightweight and easy to carry. I just ordered a second roll yesterday.

Are you using the Rapi-Fix with Rapi-Tube?

IPL Technical Support
03-03-2011, 04:25 PM
i would like to use rapitube in my sugarbush, the only problem i have is itsa bit out of my budget to use

Yes, the Rapi-Tube itselft is not a low cost product. This is the whole system installation + the quick repairs that'll make it cheaper than regular mainline.

If you calculate your time, you will see the difference.

Thanks for your feedback,
IPL Technical Support

IPL Technical Support
03-03-2011, 04:29 PM

Yes, the link in my signature shows both videos in English and you can also click the Youtube direct links :
Part 1 (How to Install Rapi-Tube and Rapi-Fix?) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GPx_VpbdSh8&feature=player_embedded
Part 2 (Why buying the Rapi-Tube system?) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wjbOIkfBH3s&feature=player_embedded

Typical8
03-05-2011, 10:56 AM
Wondering if the 1 1/4 inch is on the market yet? And how far can you run this? I have some now that are over half mile.

farmall h
03-05-2011, 05:43 PM
I set up two 400ft runs using 3/4" 160 psi black pipe and the rapitube straps. Looks real nice and holds firm. No wire, which is nice. Sorry I don't have the $$$$ to purchase the rapitube...yet. It costs quite a bit to convert over. I do like the time saving factors and the adjustments that can be made on your lines.:)

IPL Technical Support
03-15-2011, 12:27 PM
Wondering if the 1 1/4 inch is on the market yet? And how far can you run this? I have some now that are over half mile.

Diameters available on the market are 3/4" and 1". The demand isn't high enough for other size to develop at the moment. You can run Rapi-Tube on 1000' with support at every 20 FT if you strech it by 1.5% at both ends.

farmall h, thank you for the feedback.

sunapeemaple
04-04-2011, 05:08 PM
where can you find some in NH?

Flat Lander Sugaring
04-04-2011, 09:25 PM

let me guess all in spanish to satisfy the ACLU?

IPL Technical Support
04-11-2011, 01:21 PM
where can you find some in NH?

sunapeemaple, You can contact our distributor CDL here:
3, Lemnah Drive,
St. Albans, Vermont 05478
Tél: (802) 527-0000 / Fax: (802)524-3666
Sans frais: 1-800-762-5587
www.cdlusa.net

IPL Technical Support
04-11-2011, 01:26 PM
let me guess all in spanish to satisfy the ACLU?

We have the video in English: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GPx_VpbdSh8&feature=related

Buckshot
11-09-2011, 02:43 PM
Just finished putting up 330' of 3/4' mainline to accomodate 190 taps. We have never used tubing before, so I don't know how it compares to the regular mainline with wire set-up, but it was fairly easy for us two newbies to install ourselves after watching the video a few times. We did debate using regular mainline instead of the rapi-tube mainline,(as others on this forum have done) but for such a small operation it wasn't that expensive to purchase the 500' roll of rapi-tube. Your marketing team did a great job with the videos. I think that the two videos really illustrate how easy this is to install and maintain. Our "woodlot" has had very little thinning and management, so a tree toppling onto our lines is a very real possibility. I believe that the rapi-tube system will handle this much better than the traditional wire set-up would. Will keep you posted.

Maple Hobo
11-09-2011, 07:09 PM
I'd like to see how it works under wet load running full of sap.
As you know a line that looks fine dry can be laying on the ground from the water weight.
Even with the support posts added I wonder if it swags between them?

I do like the tie back straps a lot though... Both for the higher visability then a thin wire and the hooks at the connection to the main line.

Anyone have the cost average VS the regular main line installation?

jasonl6
11-10-2011, 08:40 AM
Any reason you couldn't use the tieback straps with regular mainline and wire. Would be nice to have in your tool belt if you were talking the woods and saw a sag.

Jason

farmall h
12-03-2011, 05:25 PM
Any reason you couldn't use the tieback straps with regular mainline and wire.
Jason
I would estimate that 75% of our sugarbush is maintained with wire on the mainlines. What's nice about the rapitube strapping is you can branch off of your mainlines if you have more taps to reach. I have installed "Y" and "T's" and branched off with 3/4" 160 psi black (200 ft) to reach future taps. I have also done this in order to reduce the number of taps to 10-12 per lateral. We have been all gravity up 'till last year. Easy to install, no sags. I do not use posts...just go from tree to tree with strapping as shown in the first video. And yes...it does hold the weight. Although my mainline is never full 'cause the vac is on and we have pretty steep grade. Very easy to repair when a tree lands on it also.:)

gmcooper
12-04-2011, 08:04 PM
I'm looking at using Rapi Tube and Rapi straps on a new sugarbush. I haven't found prices listed anywhere. Also does anyone know how much thicker walled the Rapi tube is over 100 psi black poly pipe?

Brent
12-07-2011, 08:26 PM
I picked up a couple of rolls of stapping. Like the ability to adjusted it either way for tension ties. It's more than a bit rough on bare hands and if you let a few feet trail behind you, it snags on eveything. But I especially like that it is more visible in the bush ... for people (mostly me) and deer.

farmall h
12-08-2011, 05:53 PM
gmcooper, if you use black poly for your mainlines be sure to purchase the 160 psi not the 100 psi. 160 has a thicker wall for your manifolds and stretches less. That's just my two cents.:cool:

gmcooper
12-09-2011, 10:23 PM
Thanks Farmall h Looks like I am going to use wire for support on this one. May try Rapi Tube next year on one section of another new bush.

IPL Technical Support
03-14-2012, 03:11 PM
Guys, thank you for the feedback. We are now completing our "Questions&Answers" sheet and should be able to post it on the board in a couple of weeks.

In the meantime, please come say "Hi - I received your invitation from Maple-Trader.com!" at our booth in:

CDL Maple Pro, St-Albans, VT, April 27-28, 2012
and
CDL St-Lazare, QC, May 18, 19, 20, 2012

We will be glad to answer all your questions in person!

Also, do not miss the unveiling of the new Rapi-Tube V2 !

See you soon!
IPL Technical Support

farmall h
03-25-2012, 06:05 PM
Probably the only thing I do not like about the rapitube set-up is the fact that the laterals have to be adjusted if in fact the mainline needs to be tightend. With the traditional wire set-up your mainline is in a fixed position so if the lateral on the left is pulling tension and the lateral on the right is pulling tension...when the mainline is adjusted via the straps on the left...then the laterals on the left have to be adjusted as well. Hmmm.

IPL Technical Support
03-28-2012, 03:26 PM
farmall h,

Rapi-Tube does not require maintenance over the years and should not be tightened during Summer even if it sags. Did you have to adjust the Rapi-Fix (strap) after the installation? Please tell me if I got your feedback wrong.

Regards,
IPL Technical Support

PerryFamily
03-28-2012, 04:29 PM
Anyone have a cost comparison between traditional pipe and wire versus rapi-tube? it look very user friendly.

farmall h
04-15-2012, 01:04 PM
Yes the need to tighten the mainline was during the 80 degree week...lines were sagging. Of coarse if we had a normal season that would not have occurred.

IPL Technical Support
04-18-2012, 04:06 PM
farmall h, OK with this temperature I understand. If it was an aesthetic problem, time and colder temperature alone would have fix the sagging and no manual interventation would have been necessary. I do not know your situation, it probably generated additional problems.

Hopefully, we will have the opportunity to discuss more about it next week at the: CDL Maple Pro, St-Albans, VT, April 27-28, 2012! Any of you Vermont folks participating? You do not want to miss our new products set up there! Just dropping some clues: CDL90, 5/16 FLASH, a new way to see Drops, Rapi-Tube V2. See you there!

Squaredeal
04-18-2012, 05:25 PM
IPL, my man.
Can you tell us when the open house in St Lazare is happening?

CBOYER
04-19-2012, 08:58 AM
Open House CDL St-Lazare QC May 18-19-20, 2012

Flat Lander Sugaring
04-19-2012, 10:16 AM
farmall h, OK with this temperature I understand. If it was an aesthetic problem, time and colder temperature alone would have fix the sagging and no manual interventation would have been necessary. I do not know your situation, it probably generated additional problems.

Hopefully, we will have the opportunity to discuss more about it next week at the: CDL Maple Pro, St-Albans, VT, April 27-28, 2012! Any of you Vermont folks participating? You do not want to miss our new products set up there! Just dropping some clues: CDL90, 5/16 FLASH, a new way to see Drops, Rapi-Tube V2. See you there!

address in St. Albans?

IPL Technical Support
04-20-2012, 09:47 AM
Guys, here are the addresses for both shows:

CDL Maple Pro, April 27-28, 2012
3, Lemnah Drive, St-Albans, VT

CDL St-Lazare, May 18-19-20, 2012
257, road 279, St-Lazare de Bellechasse, QC
G0R 3J0