PDA

View Full Version : Sap Collection Sled

jdsr
02-28-2011, 07:04 PM
I have decided to transport sap this year (due to the high levels of snow)with a jet sled towed behind my snowmobile. Does anyone have any thoughts on how a jet sled will hold up with a 35 gal. tank? :o I put plywood on front and back to keep the tank from sliding, and on the back piece of plywood mounted an echo 2 stroke pump. Hopefully my photo uploaded so you can see the setup. I would also like to see what everyone else uses to collect sap. Thanks for reading.....

log cabin luke
02-28-2011, 10:29 PM
The sled should work fine, I sugar in the weatern part of maine and haul my sap with a home made welded sled with 6 inch wide lexan runners with a 55 gallon barrel on it. I haul it over very ruff terrain event alot of dirt and it holds up.the hard part is when the snow starts to melt and there is still 2 feet of snow in the shade then bare rocks around the corner.

3fires
02-28-2011, 10:53 PM
I've seen guys bolt runners onto the jetsleds to prevent the bottom from wearing out when pulling behind a 4 wheeler or snowmachine. My kid wore a hole in his this year.

ROCK MAPLE
03-06-2011, 06:25 PM
I've seen guys bolt runners onto the jetsleds to prevent the bottom from wearing out when pulling behind a 4 wheeler or snowmachine. My kid wore a hole in his this year.

Used hyfax (sliders) work well for this