PDA

View Full Version : My Wifes Suprise!

adk1
02-28-2011, 11:59 AM
Well, now you all know that I have been "planning" since what, 2008 and still havent actually tapped a hole yet! Anyways, last night during dinner having sausage, biscuits and gravy (maple syrup on top) my wife says "jsut think kids, pretty soon we will be making our own syrup, wont that be fun? We can all help Daddy make it, collect fire wood and gather the sap, I cant wait"....I think I stopped chewing and dropped my fork at the same time! Up until last night I havent gotten any more of a reaction out of the woman other than "I am glad that you are happy"....This maybe a big turning point for me, cause what this does is open up some funding steams!!!!!!! haha:o

CBOYER
02-28-2011, 12:46 PM
Happy for you, but watch out, sometimes the pot follows flower; new kitchen, bathroom renovation etc...;)

Dennis H.
02-28-2011, 01:27 PM
I would be carefully, it sounded sarcastic to me. She may be setting you up!!

Hey wait this could be a setup, She may have gotten ahold of adki's login info and is acting like him.
Be very careful what we say here!!

adk1
02-28-2011, 01:50 PM
I would be carefully, it sounded sarcastic to me. She may be setting you up!!

Hey wait this could be a setup, She may have gotten ahold of adki's login info and is acting like him.
Be very careful what we say here!!

haha..no, I think she was serious. But she was in a really good mood so that made a difference. Hmm, you all have alot of wisdom I can see, more than I! Only been married for 8 years!

johnallin
02-28-2011, 02:29 PM
adk1...

Good for you and it sounds like you have a keeper.

Got 37 years over here, and wouldn't trade for anything....but I have had my share of "making deposits before I make withdrawals" episodes.

Just be ready for a balance of trade - and remember the old adage "When Momma's not happy - nobody's happy." There's lots of truth to that one.

Good luck with your venture, you've certainly done your homework.

adk1
02-28-2011, 02:49 PM
adk1...

Good for you and it sounds like you have a keeper.

Got 37 years over here, and wouldn't trade for anything....but I have had my share of "making deposits before I make withdrawals" episodes.

Just be ready for a balance of trade - and remember the old adage "When Momma's not happy - nobody's happy." There's lots of truth to that one.

Good luck with your venture, you've certainly done your homework.

thanks for the thoughts and well wishes! I hope it works out well. It better!

Toblerone
02-28-2011, 03:04 PM
I've been married for 10 years and sugaring for 8 years. Spousal support for sugaring will wax and wane that's for sure. My wife loves the idea of me volunteering at an ecology farm, and loves that I share the experience with our kids, but she can have a hard time coping with me being gone every Saturday and sometimes working late into the evening during the week to catch up on my "real" job.

My suggestions:

* Involve her whenever possible if she's interested
* Always try to involve the kids, especially if it gives her a break from them
* Coax her into her own hobbies and allow her the time to pursue them (in the off season of course)
* Allow her to give syrup as gifts so she can learn from other peoples appreciation (and it lets her brag about you)
* Make sure she has something planned to do while you're away boiling so she doesn't have the whole day to contemplate exactly why she's pissed at you :)

Good luck!

adk1
02-28-2011, 03:07 PM
I've been married for 10 years and sugaring for 8 years. Spousal support for sugaring will wax and wane that's for sure. My wife loves the idea of me volunteering at an ecology farm, and loves that I share the experience with our kids, but she can have a hard time coping with me being gone every Saturday and sometimes working late into the evening during the week to catch up on my "real" job.

My suggestions:

* Involve her whenever possible if she's interested
* Always try to involve the kids, especially if it gives her a break from them
* Coax her into her own hobbies and allow her the time to pursue them (in the off season of course)
* Allow her to give syrup as gifts so she can learn from other peoples appreciation (and it lets her brag about you)
* Make sure she has something planned to do while you're away boiling so she doesn't have the whole day to contemplate exactly why she's pissed at you :)

Good luck!

Wow, I need to print that off and keep in my wallet.

morningstarfarm
02-28-2011, 04:27 PM
ditto on that...it could really come in handy for alot of us...on the other hand...after 18 years I kind of figure...whats the worst that is gonna happen? I get a good nights sleep for a month or two...:rolleyes::D

GramaCindy
02-28-2011, 04:50 PM
Coming from the "other side of the fence" I can say….WOO HOO! Keep her happy and involved though. My husband and I have 31+ years at this seperate hobby thing. All I know is that is he can do his hobbies, than I can do mine. We keep it fun that way. I don't particularly care for hunting, but will go with him on a nice fall day to Grouse hunt, he doesn't particularly care for geocaching, but doesn't mind if I go out hunting caches all day either. It's good for the soul to have interests of your own, but this one may require some help. It sounds to me like she's all in. Congrats!:)

Ausable
02-28-2011, 05:54 PM
Well, now you all know that I have been "planning" since what, 2008 and still havent actually tapped a hole yet! Anyways, last night during dinner having sausage, biscuits and gravy (maple syrup on top) my wife says "jsut think kids, pretty soon we will be making our own syrup, wont that be fun? We can all help Daddy make it, collect fire wood and gather the sap, I cant wait"....I think I stopped chewing and dropped my fork at the same time! Up until last night I havent gotten any more of a reaction out of the woman other than "I am glad that you are happy"....This maybe a big turning point for me, cause what this does is open up some funding steams!!!!!!! haha:o

Hello again ADK1 ---- OK - You have been married 8 years and have Kids - That tells me Your Wife planned the Wedding and the Kids - cause - You would still be planning and about ten years from asking Her to Marry You. So --I have been married 52 years and am still learning - But - Here is my idea - Draw Her and the Kids into the Maple Syrup Making - especially Her - with -- Honey - I have been thinking about what You said at supper and I think You had a great idea about Us making Maple Syrup as a Family. You know how I like to plan and plan and never seem to get things moving - Would You please take over and make Our dream of making Maple Syrup a Reality - before - the kids are in college - I would really appreciate your help and ideas --------- Could be the Best or Worst thing you ever did in your life --- best of luck -- Mike

Flat Lander Sugaring
02-28-2011, 07:03 PM
Hello again ADK1 ---- OK - You have been married 8 years and have Kids - That tells me Your Wife planned the Wedding and the Kids - cause - You would still be planning and about ten years from asking Her to Marry You. So --I have been married 52 years and am still learning - But - Here is my idea - Draw Her and the Kids into the Maple Syrup Making - especially Her - with -- Honey - I have been thinking about what You said at supper and I think You had a great idea about Us making Maple Syrup as a Family. You know how I like to plan and plan and never seem to get things moving - Would You please take over and make Our dream of making Maple Syrup a Reality - before - the kids are in college - I would really appreciate your help and ideas --------- Could be the Best or Worst thing you ever did in your life --- best of luck -- Mike

dam ausable didn't you read the earlier post that his wife had hacked his password on this site and she is reading all of thisHEHEhEHEHEHEhEHEHEhEhE:lol:
hey ADk1 where do you live in the AD's, come on over check out a 2x6 ripping.
My wife says she would enjoy the sugar garage more if I put in bench seat along wall, so thats on next project is temp seating. Try to do everything in sugar shack and keep house clean of equip. that makes them happy trust me!

adk1
02-28-2011, 07:16 PM
dam ausable didn't you read the earlier post that his wife had hacked his password on this site and she is reading all of thisHEHEhEHEHEHEhEHEHEhEhE:lol:
hey ADk1 where do you live in the AD's, come on over check out a 2x6 ripping.
My wife says she would enjoy the sugar garage more if I put in bench seat along wall, so thats on next project is temp seating. Try to do everything in sugar shack and keep house clean of equip. that makes them happy trust me!

Hey, my wife is one step ahead of you!....oh...oh no....Now I know what she was getting at! Oh man..Now I se the light fellas...She has dropped the hint that she would like new livingroom furniture. and she did mention during dinner that we could all hang out in the sugargarage in confy seating while they watch me boil...I guess that would mean that is where our CURRENT furniture would be! Boy you guys called it, now its all coming together! What have I gotten myself into! haha..Hey, it would be worth it! I told her I needed $3000 to invest in my sugarin hobby, I bet she already has the new furniture picked out...any yeah, I bet I can guess what it is gonna cost too :rolleyes:

lakeview maple
02-28-2011, 08:33 PM
Its all good brother,the key is to keep them happy ,always try to keep them involved ,Mine loves to hang around the gardens all summer and work in the berry patch ,but when old man winter comes she just hibernates up and waits till spring,but she sure loves that syrup in the mornings, and the couch will look good in the sugar house ,and just think how comfy it will be on those late nighters,if your in the area stop by ADK any time seems like Im always working on something at the sugar house,Good luck and God Bless,Al

adk1
02-28-2011, 08:35 PM
Its all good brother,the key is to keep them happy ,always try to keep them involved ,Mine loves to hang around the gardens all summer and work in the berry patch ,but when old man winter comes she just hibernates up and waits till spring,but she sure loves that syrup in the mornings, and the couch will look good in the sugar house ,and just think how comfy it will be on those late nighters,if your in the area stop by ADK any time seems like Im always working on something at the sugar house,Good luck and God Bless,Al

I forget where you are located?

lakeview maple
02-28-2011, 09:01 PM
I forget where you are located?

In Dresden

Greg Morin
03-01-2011, 05:37 AM
Hey, my wife is one step ahead of you!....oh...oh no....Now I know what she was getting at! Oh man..Now I se the light fellas...She has dropped the hint that she would like new livingroom furniture. and she did mention during dinner that we could all hang out in the sugargarage in confy seating while they watch me boil...I guess that would mean that is where our CURRENT furniture would be! Boy you guys called it, now its all coming together! What have I gotten myself into! haha..Hey, it would be worth it! I told her I needed $3000 to invest in my sugarin hobby, I bet she already has the new furniture picked out...any yeah, I bet I can guess what it is gonna cost too :rolleyes:

looks like your syrup just got real expensive!!!!

Ausable
03-01-2011, 08:02 AM
Poor old ADK1 -- Just when I thought he was moving forward toward a Boil -- What does his Mrs. go and do -- Buys all new furniture for the house and moves all her old furniture out to what he thought was gonna be his Sugar Shack and turns it into A Sewing Room - Gab Room for Her and her Girl friends -- Poors old ADK1 -- He never PLANNED FOR THIS TURN OF EVENTS -- adk1 -- You are in my Prayers ------ Ausable

steve J
03-01-2011, 08:11 AM
Well if he finds a bed out there he will know he is in real trouble lol

adk1
03-01-2011, 08:29 AM
nah, not worried about that, I will have decent comfy furniture out that now at least, and I am not saying that this is her intention, but you all made me start thinking!

CBOYER
03-01-2011, 03:31 PM
Sorry to make you anxious...:emb: