PDA

View Full Version : hoping????

mitchellbob
02-28-2011, 07:09 AM
iam hoping this weekend the sap will flow. iam in hinesburg,i would like too
hear from all out there if the sap is flowing.

Ausable
02-28-2011, 07:50 AM
Howdy -- just checked out Your pictures -- nice looking rig. Hey - I noticed you have a water filter between your feed tank and evaporator - How is that working out? Looks like a good idea. -- No sap here to speak of - First time I ever tapped my trees and nothing flowing. Been to cold. -- Mike

mitchellbob
02-28-2011, 08:09 AM
Howdy -- just checked out Your pictures -- nice looking rig. Hey - I noticed you have a water filter between your feed tank and evaporator - How is that working out? Looks like a good idea. -- No sap here to speak of - First time I ever tapped my trees and nothing flowing. Been to cold. -- Mike

hey mike
it works ok but always looking for ways to filter?

Flat Lander Sugaring
02-28-2011, 09:17 AM
couple wet holes while tapping yesterday nothing running, today I had 60 wet holes but not from sap dam rain:lol:

steve J
02-28-2011, 09:51 AM
Well when I left camp yesterday afternoon everything was still pretty well frozen not sure if this rain will get things going or not. Last year I missed the first couple of runs as season was eaarly this year got a new rig and I feel like a aguy with a new race car but no gas to put in it lol

sugarin' in the hood
02-28-2011, 09:18 PM
Tapped some yesterday and today nothing running yet, weather forecast led me to believe today would be warmer, with Wed & Fri as potential runs.