PDA

View Full Version : maple bbq

7810hunting
02-27-2011, 06:52 PM
looking for a recipe for a maple bbq sauce or a cooking sauce i know they are closely guarded secrets but i thought i would give it a try

stoweski
02-27-2011, 07:54 PM
I make the Dinosaur BBQ Mutha Sauce...

go to food.com and do a search for mutha.

I lessen the amount of cayenne pepper sauce and chili powder and dump in up to 1 cup of "B" maple syrup. I also lose the liquid smoke.

Unlike the person who posted on food.com I actually make a double batch. It makes close to six pasta sauce jars.

It's awesome sauce... just time consuming.

JEB
03-14-2011, 08:45 AM
I use this one a lot.

Spiked Maple Glaze

1 cup maple syrup
1/2 cup unsalted butter
1/4 cup vegetable oil
2 medium onions - minced
1/2 cup burbon + some for sampling
2/3 cup ketchup
1/2 cup cider vinegar
1/2 cup freshly squeezed orange juice
1/3 cup molasses
2 tablespoons Worcestershire Sauce
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
1/2 teaspoon salt

In a large saucepan melt butter with the oil over a mediun heat. Add onions and saute for 10 minutes or until browned. Add all other ingredients and cook on a low heat til thickened so it stays where you put it. You can add heat with Cayenne , about 1/4 teaspoon to start but be careful with that. Takes about 1 1/2 - 2 hours to make. Apply to meat or whatever 15 minutes before it is done and save some out for a dipping sauce. Best with ribs.

Quick Rib Rub for about 3-4 slabs of ribs:
1/3 cup course ground pepper
1/3 cup paprika
3 tablespoons brown sugar
1 tablespoon course salt (sea/kosher salt prefered)
1 1/2 tablespoons chile powder
2 teaspoons garlic powder
2 teaspoons onion powder

Mix together, spread on ribs cook on low heat til done. I wrap mine in aluminum foil and cook at about 200 degrees. Add a layer of sauce just before they are done and then when served.

lastwoodsman
03-14-2011, 11:37 AM
Here is one at this link.
Woodsman

http://www.mnmaple.org/recipes.htm