PDA

View Full Version : Pans made in Wisconsin

WI Sugarpop
02-27-2011, 09:49 AM
We went up to Kaukauna yesterday and had Jim Schumacher from Smoky Lake Maple Products give us a tour of his shop. We got to see all of the pans he is working on. The quality of his workmanship is very impressive. Hope we have a good maple season so we can order a new drop flue pan and syrup pan for next season.

BryanEx
02-27-2011, 10:32 AM
Wisconsin seems to be turning into a hot bed of stainless pan fabrication these days. Smoky Lake Maple Products, Stainless Steel Creations, & Wegner Metal Works are all in WI and I've heard good things about them all. It would be nice to see complete evaporators being turned out by these guys to give the "big three" a run for their suggested retail pricing.

WI Sugarpop
03-01-2011, 05:45 PM
How do you guys that have Smoky Lake pans like them?

SapZilla
03-01-2011, 10:02 PM
How do you guys that have Smoky Lake pans like them?

They are the best pans I have ever seen. Anyone can build simple shoebox pans like th ones you see all over ebay and craigslist. closly examine smoky's pans against one built by one of the "big three". I challange you to find any slip in workmanship or design. I have several peices from them and they are a work of art.

Dick

SilverLeaf
03-02-2011, 08:10 AM
Wisconsin seems to be turning into a hot bed of stainless pan fabrication these days. Smoky Lake Maple Products, Stainless Steel Creations, & Wegner Metal Works are all in WI and I've heard good things about them all. It would be nice to see complete evaporators being turned out by these guys to give the "big three" a run for their suggested retail pricing.

My 2x6 is from Stainless Steel Creations. Evaporators aren't the main thrust of his business, but he'll make one if you ask him to. Very nice quality workmanship. I'm very happy with mine.