PDA

View Full Version : vacuum pumps

maple33
02-26-2011, 09:46 PM
looking for info on vacuum pump for 300 taps !!! question is does the diaphram pump made by leader ( i think ) work or is it not a good way to go??
this pump im asking about pumps sap thru it into tank and i was told it would run 8 hrs on car battery?? sells new for about 1,000 and would like to get one if it is worth it , but would like pros & cons if anybudy has them !!
thanks for all your help

Monster Maples
02-26-2011, 10:05 PM
Have to be careful with them when the temps are below freezing. Depending on your situation and what is available on site. This may not be the most practical. I personally think the old milk releaser or a hobby releaser is a more practical way to go. Quite a few people on here are using the small Gast vac pumps for a pretty reasonable price $150.00 to $250.00 and a hobby releaser for $550.00. Might save you some money going that route. And there is always the milk vac pumps that can be had pretty cheap as well and easily converted to run on a small gas motor. Lots of different options depending on your options available on site (electric?)