PDA

View Full Version : wild life

Flat Lander Sugaring
02-25-2011, 05:06 PM
News flash, a Black bear was spotted in Benson Vermont this morning around 8 am on the Lake Road just before the Phillips farm. Sorry no pic my boss wouldn't run out side and take a picture of it.

Typical8
02-25-2011, 09:01 PM
Did he look like he was hungry? Probably out looking to find a mainline to chew on. I found a bear bite yesterday had to replace 3 feet of 1 inch.

Randy Brutkoski
02-26-2011, 03:10 AM
I have a 4500 tap bush in Benson. If he makes his way to Money Hole road I will have to defend my lines. I can just imagine what it would do by just walking through the bush.

jtbucket
02-26-2011, 05:58 AM
I have seen skunks and possuns but will keep an eye out for that bear.

Flat Lander Sugaring
02-26-2011, 06:07 AM
I have a 4500 tap bush in Benson. If he makes his way to Money Hole road I will have to defend my lines. I can just imagine what it would do by just walking through the bush.

his house on opposite side of moneyhole, probably even across from the "alternative" life style artists or what ever those two do.

they wouldn't have know it was there but their dog went ape S@IT. when they looked out they saw it and brought dog inside really quick. Thats when he texted me, I told him run outside take a picture of it or the tracks, he wouldn't.

adk1
02-26-2011, 06:35 AM
his house on opposite side of moneyhole, probably even across from the "alternative" life style artists or what ever those two do.

they wouldn't have know it was there but their dog went ape S@IT. when they looked out they saw it and brought dog inside really quick. Thats when he texted me, I told him run outside take a picture of it or the tracks, he wouldn't.

We ahve bears here frequently, but I havent hear of any producer ever having a problem with them

concord maple
02-26-2011, 10:23 AM
We ahve bears here frequently, but I havent hear of any producer ever having a problem with them

adk1 have to agree with you. Up in New Brunswick, Canada where we spring bear hunt there is a big producer about 3 miles from the huntin camp and I took a tour of his operation two years ago and he said he has never had any problems with bear or moose. Some of the stands that our outfitter uses are close to all his tubing runs and you know bear are traversing through his sugar bush. I thought moose would be a bigger problem with their height but he said not.