PDA

View Full Version : surge vac pump?

maple tim
02-23-2011, 05:25 PM
I cant get the oilers to drip. Lines are clean, oil drips when they are un done. I am using transmission fluid unitll i can get pump oil. The wires i have cut down but they still didnt drip. Take the wires out and oilers drip every 5 seconds, it that to fast or let it fly? I have a relaimer on this pump

Haynes Forest Products
02-23-2011, 05:33 PM
Does the reclaimer feed the oil back into the pump? Is it a recirculating reclaimer? Can you add a port so oil can be regulated back into the bearings. Some vacuum pumps suck the oil into the barrel thru the end of the shaft and it spreads out past the vanes into the drum.

maple tim
02-23-2011, 06:34 PM
Haynes it is a surge oil reclaimer that has oil tank that put the oil right back to the bearing caps. The problem is the oilers wont drip unless the wire is out of them.

syrupkid
02-23-2011, 06:52 PM
I don't know what kind of pump it is, but if it's an Alamo leave her drip, at 20 inches of vacuum that really isn't that much oil for that pump.

maple flats
02-23-2011, 07:05 PM
I cant get the oilers to drip. Lines are clean, oil drips when they are un done. I am using transmission fluid unitll i can get pump oil. The wires i have cut down but they still didnt drip. Take the wires out and oilers drip every 5 seconds, it that to fast or let it fly? I have a relaimer on this pump

I am going to run my pump at 19" and 10 CFM on a 75 cfm @15" pump.. The dealer told me to have 15 drops/ minute for that. You are close, at 12/ min. What vac level are you running? Is it a Alamo rotary vane? The higher the vac level you run the more drips you need.

maple tim
02-23-2011, 07:17 PM
Yes it is a alamo rotary vane. I will be runnins it around 20'' of vac. So i should take out the wires in the oilers and let it take all the oil it wants?