PDA

View Full Version : NH magazine...Last Laugh March edition

red maples
02-23-2011, 05:56 AM
Not really the best advertisment in the NH Mag. although its not on-line yet. The last section called the last laugh, titled "Sappy Days" this woman talks about her 2 not so good experiences visiting sugarhouses on maple weekend.

It is a light hearted article ment to be somewhat funny but I think it might keep people from visiting a sugarhouse. Talked about how she thinks some of the floats and valves on the evap. are fake just to make it look more impressive. the opening Quote is "....and you thought watching paint dry was boring."

another quote"It's fortunate it's made in mud season. what else is there to do in march?"

they vivisted a small sap house got rained on during the hay ride, didn't have suagr on snow becaasue there was no snow, " the kids were less than thrilled when we took them into the tiny sap house. It was the size of a tiny bathroom-a bathroom form the 1940's not like today's bathroom that could sleep a family of four. The kids were too short to actually see the sap, so our tour lasted less than 2 minutes."

I don't think it was ment to hurt maple weekend tours but it just might. Hopefully people don't take this too seriously.

The last 2 paragraphs are better though.

"It is reassuring, I guess, that in this fast-paced I-want -it -now world, suyruping is not something you can rush. By the time the taps are set, and the lines are run, the sap is collected and the boiling process is done, weeks have passed.
Plus, it explains why a gallon of the stuff costs so much."