PDA

View Full Version : Alota snow

BobU
02-21-2011, 03:48 PM
We all knew that it was to early to get excited (but I still was) about tapping, this new snow actually helps to calm me down. Have PLENTY of other projects to stay busy with untill the "real" tap time rolls around.
Thinking we will tap on the 5th. Will be hanging about 450 bags, can put them all out in a long morning, so may ever keep an aye on the long range report and put off tapping ever longer.

Have a Great season, BobU

Cody
02-21-2011, 05:53 PM
Haha, Yep! I was very excited hoping we could get out tapping, but the snow really did calm me down too!

BobU
02-21-2011, 07:43 PM
With this new snow we "may" actually be ready for the season when it arrives. We always seem to have our taps in and bags full before we even have a clean place to store the sap. And often we are still working on changes to the evaporators as the storage tanks are filling up.

It would be about time to "get it right" after 17 years of trying :lol:?????

I'm SURE no one else leaves things to the last second. :lol: ??????

Haynes Forest Products
02-21-2011, 07:46 PM
Yea Im still in Colo trying to get things done here to so I can go and get things done there:o Still have a vacuum sump tank to repair.

Rossell's Sugar Camp
02-21-2011, 07:48 PM
How much snow in colorado?

TF Maple
02-21-2011, 09:36 PM
With this new snow we "may" actually be ready for the season when it arrives. We always seem to have our taps in and bags full before we even have a clean place to store the sap. And often we are still working on changes to the evaporators as the storage tanks are filling up.

It would be about time to "get it right" after 17 years of trying :lol:?????

I'm SURE no one else leaves things to the last second. :lol: ??????

Man, it is nice to know there is someone just like me out there!!!:lol: I don't mean the years of trying, I mean the getting ready part. Thanks for sharing!

Haynes Forest Products
02-21-2011, 09:43 PM
RSC in Parker south of Denver its all but gone. Up in Ft Collins I was roofing a shop and painting it so its been nice. Now the mountains are white and always getting hammerd. Good for the snow melt filling the lakes:)

maple flats
02-22-2011, 06:47 AM
You think you've got snow, my 1000 gal tank which stands over 6' tall was burried last saturday, drifted in, all I could see was 1 agitator motor that sticks up another 1' or so. Yesterday, while tapping I was walking (on snowshoes) on over 3-4' deep snow in many places.

bearair
02-22-2011, 02:16 PM
Long range forcast shows 34 on Friday the 4th. Looking like a good wknd to tap?

jmayerl
02-22-2011, 02:38 PM
glad I resisted the urge to tap last week, thank god I have a few more weeks to get the new evaporator ready.

sniperdodo
02-22-2011, 02:46 PM
Here in Moncton, New Brunswick we have had almost 9 feet of snow since Christmas. Ugh, I don't need snow shoes up here, I need snow stilts:lol:

3rdgen.maple
02-22-2011, 11:13 PM
Yep Maple I get a chuckle out of threads about alot of snow. I can finally see the roof line on my sugarhouse. Over 20 feet here for the winter. Thankfully it melts.

Cody
02-26-2011, 02:48 PM
Went out to woods this morning with the wheeler. Knowing I would get stuck I brought a shovel. I did and the snow was still about 3 feet deep. :o